Religious Studies students (Edexcel) 2017 Thread!! Watch

ethistu7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Making a thread/place where everyone can advise each other, list ideas and tips and basically just talk about the exam, the worries, question predictions and everything to do with it

I'm doing Units 1 & 8 (Christianity and Islam), but other units are similar sooo it won't matter if everyone's doing different exams on here. Current and ex-students welcome. Looking forward to hearing others' ideas!
leggington
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm doing Unit 1 and 11 and my advice is for the D question - you must mention a religion to get over half marks, but if you don't know any points about the religion, make it up. Even if it's incorrect, you've mentioned a religion and you can get 4-6 marks!
CCauston113
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm doing units 2 and 8
bostonrosew
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Did anyone find this exam really challenging???
Lucy2001xo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes I did!! When they were asking about religious upbringing I had no idea what quotes to use?!
Lulu Shi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am doing unit 2 and 4
Lucy2001xo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes I did!! When they were asking about religious upbringing I had no idea what quotes to use?!
CCauston113
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lucy2001xo)
I don't think that one really needed quotes, just knowledge of traditions. I guess maybe you could have used "honour your father and your mother" from the Ten Commandments
mez_merising
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
unit 11 is so hard.
14SIjaz
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
IKR! what do you think might come up? what grades do u usually get for unit 11?

(Original post by mez_merising)
unit 11 is so hard.
lifeimitates
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is anyone doing the Developments paper. Can someone please tell me is Natural Law guaranteed to come up, or will it be Virtue Ethics and Deontology instead?
inama97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lifeimitates)
Is anyone doing the Developments paper. Can someone please tell me is Natural Law guaranteed to come up, or will it be Virtue Ethics and Deontology instead?
It is likely but not guaranteed to come up, as sometimes they only put two of the three (virtue ethics/deontology/NML) in the paper, so there is a chance that NML will not come up.

You could get away with learning just two but definitely not natural moral law by itself. It's likely that'll it'll come up as there has not been a year it has not, but there have been years Virtue ethics/ deontology haven't come up so I wouldn't bet on not revising for more than one.

Best of luck!!
elizabethl
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Does anyone know whether the ontological argument will come up on its own or whether I have to learn religious experience and non-belief too?
kreamlearns
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Does anyone have an idea of what the religious language question will entail for UNIT 3 DEVELOPMENTS tomorrow?xxxx
kreamlearns
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by elizabethl)
Does anyone know whether the ontological argument will come up on its own or whether I have to learn religious experience and non-belief too?

The ontological argument will come up on its own!
abby01xo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by inama97)
It is likely but not guaranteed to come up, as sometimes they only put two of the three (virtue ethics/deontology/NML) in the paper, so there is a chance that NML will not come up.

You could get away with learning just two but definitely not natural moral law by itself. It's likely that'll it'll come up as there has not been a year it has not, but there have been years Virtue ethics/ deontology haven't come up so I wouldn't bet on not revising for more than one.

Best of luck!!
what about critiques?
cmoss1998
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How did everyone find it??????? I did the Ontological argument, John's gospel (prologue), and Life after death!
Nellznewton
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Who answered the Religous Language question !
LucyBrunsden
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Nellznewton)
Who answered the Religous Language question !
Me! How did you find it?
cmoss1998
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LucyBrunsden)
Me! How did you find it?
What 3 questions did you answer on??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (46)
9.22%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.81%
No, but I want to start (177)
35.47%
No, I am unable to (117)
23.45%
No, I chose not to (145)
29.06%