The Student Room Group

HELP…..

I'm currently in year 10 and going to be the first year to sit the new gcse. I'm currently struggling with a couple of the topics being taught in lessons and struggle to complete over an hour of homework a night due to a lack of motivation as well as getting distracted. I'm hoping to achieve 4as 4Bs and a C in Spanish. During lessons i'm motivated and complete all the necessary work however i struggle retaining all required knowledge however i manage most . Do you have any tips on how I can manage year 11 as well predicting my GCSE grades. I'm at an independent school with 40-50% A star to A grades and I'm roughly an average student in a year which looks to achieve over 50% of top grades. Thank you for reading
I'm in year 11, and if there is one thing I wish I could do is that I started my work in year 10 - as in I wish I took notes more.

One thing that would be great (I didn't done it, but I wish I did) is when you get home, go over everything you learned that day and simplify it into notes. It shouldn't take long, and by the end of the year (and year 11 if you keep it up) you will have all of your notes done - the first and longest step to revision.

As I said, I wish I started in year 10 - start now!

I hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest