Y11 Work experience Watch

mkapoor
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I missed the dreadline to apply for the 2017 Parliament work experience because i didnt know the deadline.I really want to do work experience in the Parliament or with lawyers or MPs.What shall i do?
Jasy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by mkapoor)
I missed the dreadline to apply for the 2017 Parliament work experience because i didnt know the deadline.I really want to do work experience in the Parliament or with lawyers or MPs.What shall i do?
Go play on your xbox instead. You're only in year 11 so there's no need to worry about obtaining mega work experience yet.
Basiil17
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by mkapoor)
Try your local MP to see if they would offer you work experience

Posted from TSR Mobile
J-SP
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you are state school educated, you may want to look into your eligibility for PRIME (for law firms):

http://www.primecommitment.org/schools/students
habeas.corpus
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I didn't have a single legal connection growing up. Things which helped me obtain legal work exp during high school included:

1. PRIME schemes (also some commercial law firms, like Pinsent Masons, offer week long work exp schemes outside of PRIME).
2. Contacting local "high street" firms.
3. Contacting barristers (this one is tricky and most ignored me, save for a couple of QCs who kindly offered me shadowing).

The worst that can happen is people ignore you or say no. You'll get opportunities if you actively look for them. Good luck!
coolio333
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by habeas.corpus)
I didn't have a single legal connection growing up. Things which helped me obtain legal work exp during high school included:

1. PRIME schemes (also some commercial law firms, like Pinsent Masons, offer week long work exp schemes outside of PRIME).
2. Contacting local "high street" firms.
3. Contacting barristers (this one is tricky and most ignored me, save for a couple of QCs who kindly offered me shadowing).

The worst that can happen is people ignore you or say no. You'll get opportunities if you actively look for them. Good luck!
What work experience did you actually gain?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (129)
17.94%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.15%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (124)
17.25%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (104)
14.46%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.74%
How can I be the best version of myself? (219)
30.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed