?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/833761896113303552
MildredMalone
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I bet it was posted by a smelly blue-haired behemoth.
Vikingninja
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
kk?
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thank goodness, i thought i might have to take you in for a while. It's a good thing your BNP and EDL membership is acceptable.
username1530463
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well, people like to get on with their roommates and some people really don't like Trump supporters. This really isn't legitimate discrimination as racist/sexist roommates as Trump supporters can change their political stances. This shouldn't matter to anyone but the person who posts the roommate ad. In all honesty, I don't think I could be roommates with a Trump supporter.
AperfectBalance
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Mine will read "No Liberals allowed if you voted stay then you should leave (My room)"

But this is probably hate speech
kurt.2s
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AperfectBalance)
Mine will read "No Liberals allowed if you voted stay then you should leave (My room)"

Nope that's fine

"But this is probably hate speech" no, you just want your own cosy safe space
kurt.2s
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I don't see the problem with this. I also do not want someone who supports Trump as a roommate because they always seem like complete ***** with 0 banter.
MildredMalone
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Having "no Trump supporters" on a roommate ad may as well say "I'm unemployed, and I will eat all your food."
username2926188
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Trump supporters can suck a crusty cheesy toe
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AperfectBalance)

Why would that be hate speech?
Dodgypirate
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
To be fair, they've doing Trump fans a favour, who would want to share a house/room with an absolute ****?
kurt.2s
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MildredMalone)
Having "no Trump supporters" on a roommate ad may as well say "I'm unemployed, and I will eat all your food."
What's this thing where people who are "anti trump" are unemployed?
theartofblanks
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rakas21)
Thank goodness, i thought i might have to take you in for a while. It's a good thing your BNP and EDL membership is acceptable.
I have BNP and EDL memberships?
Willy Pete
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by theartofblanks)
I have BNP and EDL memberships?
Maybe he means the bank, BNP Paribas.
joe cooley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by asmuse123)
Well, people like to get on with their roommates and some people really don't like Trump supporters. This really isn't legitimate discrimination as racist/sexist roommates as Trump supporters can change their political stances. This shouldn't matter to anyone but the person who posts the roommate ad. In all honesty, I don't think I could be roommates with a Trump supporter.
Perfectly acceptable to state "no Muslims" when advertising for a roommate then, as Muslims can change their religion.

Yes?
kurt.2s
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by joe cooley)
Perfectly acceptable to state "no Muslims" when advertising for a roommate then, as Muslims can change their religion.

Yes?
Religious discrimination is unfortunately illegal
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Surely it's a win win either way? Trump supporters are now clearly forewarned when there's a room available with a person they might clash with, and can avoid the bs altogether. Meanwhile the Trump haters can avoid people they tend to dislike.

It's making a more peaceful society boys
theartofblanks
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
(Original post by Willy Pete)
Maybe he means the bank, BNP Paribas.
Hmm. Yup I think he might've meant that. Thanks!
ChargingStag
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How utterly childish. People can just change their political stance? That's rubbish, something like this should absolutely be considered a light form of discrimination.

As long as someone isn't in your face about their political views, why do you honestly care if they're a room mate or not? Everyone saying they do not want a Trump supporter as a room mate are really proving everyone right when they say liberals are childish.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (48)
32%
No - I have already returned home (19)
12.67%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (31)
20.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
9.33%
No - I live at home during term anyway (38)
25.33%

Watched Threads