The Student Room Group

How do you chat up girls in the gym?

I go to the gym on my campus nearly everyday. I never talk to anyone unless I'm spoken to first because I'm busy working out and everyone else is too (or atleast they should be lmao).

There was a 10/10 heavenly blessed beauty in the gym today though. First girl I've seen in there thats been attractive. She was in the weight section being hot. I got nervous around her but mostly continued what I was doing. But then I noticed she kept checking me out, so I was going to try and smile at her but then she kept looking away quickly everytime we made eye contact. She kept looking at me the whole time I was there, but I don't even know how to start conversations with anyone in the gym let alone fit girls. So I mostly got on with my workout and then left.

I'm probably going to see her again because she seems like she takes working out seriously.

Tips for next time? Tips from people who've actually set foot in a gym before and talked to girls / people there would be appreciated lmao.

Scroll to see replies

Man don't talk to me, I am here to train I am not here to talk.
Reply 2
open your noise hole and make sounds come out, maybe do a little dance and a song like birds do to attract a mate
Reply 3
Original post by IFLICHBA
open your noise hole and make sounds come out, maybe do a little dance and a song like birds do to attract a mate

I often do this in between sets while I'm listening to edm music.
Save that **** for a night-club. Although many dont even like it there either.
Reply 5
Original post by LDN Bare-Man
Save that **** for a night-club. Although many dont even like it there either.

I would never date anyone from a nightclub lmao.
Original post by ChickenMadness
I would never date anyone from a nightclub lmao.

Why not? Its just a venue that plays music. Its not automatically synonymous with drunken ****s. Dating apps will come and go, but bodily movement and flirtation is as old as civilisation.
I go to the gym on my campus nearly everyday. I never talk to anyone unless I'm spoken to first because I'm busy working out and everyone else is too (or atleast they should be lmao).

There was a 10/10 heavenly blessed beauty in the gym today though. First girl I've seen in there thats been attractive. She was in the weight section being hot. I got nervous around her but mostly continued what I was doing. But then I noticed she kept checking me out, so I was going to try and smile at her but then she kept looking away quickly everytime we made eye contact. She kept looking at me the whole time I was there, but I don't even know how to start conversations with anyone in the gym let alone fit girls. So I mostly got on with my workout and then left.

I'm probably going to see her again because she seems like she takes working out seriously.

Tips for next time? Tips from people who've actually set foot in a gym before and talked to girls / people there would be appreciated lmao.

Don't approach straight away wait until you've seen her a few times and then you make your move.

Just keep it casual be like *Hey I have seen you around a lot recently do you go uni?*

Then go from there.
Reply 8
You don't, you lift weights XD
Reply 9
I would be so confused if a guy approached me at the gym :lol: I'm there to workout, not to flirt.
Original post by Black Cat
Don't approach straight away wait until you've seen her a few times and then you make your move.

Just keep it casual be like *Hey I have seen you around a lot recently do you go uni?*

Then go from there.

Ye I was planning on waiting till I've seen her a few times. And we've started smiling at each other etc.

That opener sounds pretty foolproof lol. I'll try that.

Original post by LDN Bare-Man
Why not? Its just a venue that plays music. Its not automatically synonymous with drunken ****s. Dating apps will come and go, but bodily movement and flirtation is as old as civilisation.

I don't like the setting and I don't go clubbing that much. I want to meet a girl somewhere 'normal' or during a wholesome activity like in the gym. The interactions with girls in clubs are always 0 to 100 super fast and it's off putting. I've had drunk girls come up and try to kiss me randomly before when I don't even know their name rofl. Pretty high chance of ending up with a sloot.

Original post by Airmed
I would be so confused if a guy approached me at the gym :lol: I'm there to workout, not to flirt.

Well I'd only do it with a girl like this that's blatently checking me out constantly lmao. She shouldn't be surprised if she's doing that.
(edited 7 years ago)
say "ay pifffting wots ur bbm pin"...works all the time.
I've heard of couples meeting in the gym, you can meet people anywhere.
We get it. You lift.
Reply 14
You don't talk, you impress... and wait for them to talk to you

[video="youtube;EJJv9yg-aQo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJJv9yg-aQo[/video]
Original post by phunky_fresh
I've heard of couples meeting in the gym, you can meet people anywhere.

Exaaaaaactly. Theres no rule for where you can meet some one.

And if I find a girl that likes working out that would be great because it's one of my main hobbies lol.

Original post by Cherub012
We get it. You lift.

are you 12?

What do you bench,dl and squat?

Need to have decent numbers before you go for it brah
are you 12?

No. I cardio.
The gym is only of the only scenarios IMO that it's acceptable to just give someone your number on a piece of paper and then leave them to it. I've only ever tried it once myself, but she got back to me the next day so it worked :biggrin:
Its going to go either way. She might resent it as shes bored of being hit on.
She might be friendly if youve seen her a few times. If she looks at you smile but not like a loon. Just do small talk. If you never see her again you can guess shes emigrated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending