The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Reading or Kent

I am applying to study English Lit at uni and now have a shortlist of 2. Reading or Kent
after visiting both I'm more attracted to Reading campus, however my offer is ABB at Reading, and unconditional at Kent. My heart says Reading, but my head says take the Kent offer. What should I do?
Original post by Ruttle
I am applying to study English Lit at uni and now have a shortlist of 2. Reading or Kent
after visiting both I'm more attracted to Reading campus, however my offer is ABB at Reading, and unconditional at Kent. My heart says Reading, but my head says take the Kent offer. What should I do?

Hi,

Congratulations on both of your offers! I'm going to obviously be slightly biased as I study at Reading, although my sister studied at Kent and thoroughly enjoyed it!
The main reasons I've enjoyed my time at Reading is becuase the campus is amazing and a great place to sit and chill/revise in the summer! The staff are brilliant, and all are currently researching so I'm constantly learning up to date information and new discoveries! Also, we have a quidditch society on campus which is by far one of the best sports to watch!

From my experience at university, people who drop out do so because they don't feel at home, and can't see themselves living there for three years. Therefore my advice would be that, which ever university you choose, make sure you can see yourself living there and on the campus. Small things can make the difference, so consider how long it will take you to walk to lessons each day, which course you prefer, how far away the clubs/bar/students union/station are, what the town is like, and the distance from your home (remember it's expensive to travel!). Consider opportunities the university offers as well, whether this be opportunities abroad, scholarships, or placements. Choose the place that feels right to you becuase you want to enjoy it and get the most out of your choice! Research as much as you can about each place!

I hope that helped, feel free to ask anything else,
Amelia,
Third year student ambassador studying archaeology and history :biggrin:
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi Amelia
Thanks for taking the time to reply, and the advice.
I guess I'll have to do some more research

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending