The Student Room Group

Revision ideas for gcse (a*/a graders)

Im currently studying in Year 10 now and we have our mocks coming up and I need lots of revision techniques that helped pupils get high grades at GCSE , could the people that got high grades in GCSE (A*/A) give their techniques on how they revise, I know it depends on how people do revise but I would like to have a go at all of them and see which of them suits me best. This would really help me out and I would be forever grateful!! :smile:
Need some replies!!
I got mostly As at gcse and I revised like the day or two before tbh. I used flashcards and still do today at a-level. It works for me and it's up to you if you want to try but I make flashcards on key ideas.

E.g history I made for each individual and key events in Nazi germany.

English I made some for quotes

Geography made some on key processes and key studies etc

Just whatever is necessary, can feel free to ask any questions 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lots of practice papers, for science try myGCSEscience, read examiner reports from AQA etc
Original post by happydimples
Im currently studying in Year 10 now and we have our mocks coming up and I need lots of revision techniques that helped pupils get high grades at GCSE , could the people that got high grades in GCSE (A*/A) give their techniques on how they revise, I know it depends on how people do revise but I would like to have a go at all of them and see which of them suits me best. This would really help me out and I would be forever grateful!! :smile:

Don't revise!:tongue:

Spoiler

Past papers is the key in all part of your education.

Learn/understand content-------> Make notes/flashcards------>Do past paper questions------->Mark and find gaps in knowledge-----> Review the content from the question you struggled with------->Make additional consolidation notes-------> Do similar style questions------> Succeed!!

This worked for me and I came out with mostly A*s but it doesn't necessarily have to work for you. Good luck :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by happydimples

GCSEs are the easiest official exams you'll do so I wouldn't get stressed about them. I get all a and a* and I honestly didn't go out of my way to revise heavily. In my opinion shortening your book/ file of notes down is the best as it sticks in your head and is easier to take places and less intimidating to learn than a big book or file of notes so if you do that from early on you'll definitely get a / a*.

Quick Reply

Latest