One Day Without Us: Thousands gather in Parliament Square ahead of major protest.

Watch
Dodgypirate
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...-a3471511.html

I defend their right to protest, however I do not defend their reasons.

For decades, the Queen and the UK have greeted hundreds of leaders, including rather controversial ones such as Robert Mugabe, Xing Jingping, Vladimir Putin, King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, President Hu Jintao , George Bush, Japanese Emperor Akihito, and Nicolae Ceausescu... All of which have in some shape or form, have had issues with human rights.

So why not Donald Trump?

What characteristic does Trump have that the aforementioned do not?

I really do hope that those who signed the petition, and those who are rallying near the House of Parliament, are just a minority, because not wanting him here is going against our fundamental belief of Democracy.

"Tolerance has never excited civil war, intolerance has covered the land with carnage."

- Voltaire.
Willy Pete
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Pointless protest really, we already understand their message.

Protesting isn't going to change diplomatic affairs.
kurt.2s
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
There's great hypocrisy in that people dont protest against Saudi Arabia for example.

The issue is that we're cosying up to Trump and inviting him over in such a short space of time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (252)
57.01%
I don't have everything I need (190)
42.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed