The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
..::Allure::..
When i first requested for the accommodation, I was told to pay a deposit of 250 pounds. I got an email saying that they didnt recieve my damage deposit. Are the two not the same? Also is it true that we get the 250 pounds back? How so?

Please explain :frown: ... im so confused.

How many deposits are there? ;spider;

There is only one deposit and that is the £250 damage deposit/deposit. Did you send a cheque for £250 with your acceptance of accommodation? If not that's probably why you got the email. If you did sent it off, you should call them and enquire... Yes you'll get the £250 at the end of the year as long as your room is left up to scratch. I'm not sure how they pay you back but I guess they can send you a cheque back or pay the £250 straight back into you bank account, as they have your account details anyway from when you pay for the accommodation itself.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I got a similar e-mail, saying I hadn't paid the deposit or sent the forms, when i had :rolleyes:
Reply 3
UPP = massively disorganised. This happens every year and causes huge amounts of problems when you arrive to move in TRY AND SORT IT OUT BEFORE YOU MOVE IN. To get the £250 back, your rooms literally has to be spotless - very few people get it all back as UPP are a bunch of money grabbing incompetent losers (in my opinion)
Reply 4
Well I did mine over the phone, may not have been a smart move, but at least I have a record of it on my bank statement. I will bring that over, and hopefully that should be enough to prove that I already paid it.

Duncan you nailed it spot on! Disorganized is the only word to describe them. Throughout the duration of asking for an accommodation, to getting one, till now, I have been having a lot of issues with them.
Reply 5
Allure, try and get it sorted out BEFORE you move in.

The queues, even though you're moving in before home students, are always horrendous.

The less you have to sort out when you arrive, the better.

For a company that deals with so many students at so many Universities, UPP as a Company are woeful when it come to organisation.
Reply 6
Hey Simeon,

I will hopefully get it sorted out before moving in date. I will be joining the international program so hopefully I will have time to just drop in and pay my first term and fix this problem. I just really hope that it happens smoothly.

I want to call them on sunday but im worried that they are going to be closed. If so then I am sure we are going to have free time in between the activities to do so.
Reply 7
having been a resident on BGP in my first year and then having to work "with" UPP as Broadgate President in my seconds year, I am fully aware that the managerial capabilities on Broadgate Park are severely strained, and as a result, anything that UPP try to "organise" nearly always ends up taking 12 months longer than they said it would, or just goes so arse over tit they scrap it completely.

Points to note (some of which Sim will know about :P ) air conditioning in the bar - still not fixed (whats that now Sim - 5 years?) front security gates - still not fixed, some 10 months after they broke, data points in the Bistro for the computers that the BPRA paid for over 2 months ago - still not installed.

For my own protection - any comments here made about UPP, its employees or they way it conducts its business are completely my own opinion and may or may not be a true representation of UPP or its employees
Reply 8
Come now Dunc, don't exaggerate...it's only 4 years that the air con has been broken.

I bet there's still no controls on the radiator valves either...makes things lovely and toasty warm in the nice weather.

It was fun for the 3 years we had the bar and shop, but I wouldn't do business with UPP again if you paid me.
Reply 9
LOL @ the both of you. I needed a good laugh.

Too bad they aren't trying harder to get things fixed, especially as it seems there have been a lot of common complaints by a number of people.
Reply 10
Allure, Dunc was the BPRA President and I was the leaseholder of the Bar and the Shop so we've both seen a side of UPP that the average student wouldn't

I'll use the analogy of the graceful gliding Swan...looks great at a first glance, but look a little deeper and you'll see the mad and frantic kicking.
Reply 11
hahahaha I'd like to add to that if I may simeon - the mad and frantic kicking is UPP kicking the hell out of a student in order to do him/her out of all the money they possibly can :P

Latest

Trending

Trending