Handed in my college assignment 5 minutes late. Watch

Ryanthom100
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I do a btec level 3 extended diploma in games/software development at college and I handed in my communications assignment 5 minutes late (ITS A CORE UNIT :/) as I completely forgot to hand it in. My teacher says on the brief that all late submissions will not qualify for resubmission. Has anybody got a good excuse I can say or will they be generous as it is a core unit. My college uses google classroom btw. I also submitted it at 3pm (deadline was 11.59pm) in the afternoon but unsubmitted it to correct a spelling mistake(at around 9pm). My teacher is able to see my submission history.
If i fail the pass criteria I will fail the whole course. I have put in a lot of effort and know that I have met the distinction criteria so I am not worried about that. I may seem scared as I worry ALOT.

Thanks in advance
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ryanthom100)
I do a btec level 3 extended diploma in games/software development at college and I handed in my communications assignment 5 minutes late (ITS A CORE UNIT :/) as I completely forgot to hand it in. My teacher says on the brief that all late submissions will not qualify for resubmission. Has anybody got a good excuse I can say or will they be generous as it is a core unit. My college uses google classroom btw. I also submitted it at 3pm (deadline was 11.59pm) in the afternoon but unsubmitted it to correct a spelling mistake(at around 9pm). My teacher is able to see my submission history.
If i fail the pass criteria I will fail the whole course. I have put in a lot of effort and know that I have met the distinction criteria so I am not worried about that. I may seem scared as I worry ALOT.

Thanks in advance
You need to talk to someone at your college about this as they make the rules (and will be able to say whether your early version submitted on time will be marked or whether they'll consider your late submission the only valid one (and if so what that means).
Ryanthom100
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
You need to talk to someone at your college about this as they make the rules (and will be able to say whether your early version submitted on time will be marked or whether they'll consider your late submission the only valid one (and if so what that means).
Thnx for your reply I can talk to a lady soon as I am nearly at college. But hopefully the rules aren't as strict as in uni otherwise I'm kinda screwed lol. Its also ny first late assignment so they might let me off.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ryanthom100)
Thnx for your reply I can talk to a lady soon as I am nearly at college. But hopefully the rules aren't as strict as in uni otherwise I'm kinda screwed lol. Its also ny first late assignment so they might let me off.
It's more likely that they'll mark the earlier submitted draft and ignore the late submission
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed