Theresa may-yay or nay?

Watch
boltingtime
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
How would you rate her since she took over? Out of a score of 100 I'd give her 58. On the fence with the way she is taking Brexit forward.
username2228735
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's futile to judge her performance without looking at what the alternative could have been. She's experienced and is doing a relatively good job.
Davij038
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Aceadria)
It's futile to look judge her performance without looking at what the alternative could have been. She's experienced and is doing a relatively good job.
Pretty much this. She'd be distinctly mid tier if there was any real opposition.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Aceadria)
It's futile to look judge her performance without looking at what the alternative could have been. She's experienced and is doing a relatively good job.
You are right. She is doing a good job of Brexit. Meanwhile, back in reality, the NHS is on the edge of a cliff, schools are struggling to hire teachers, prisons are a complete joke, local councils are having to cut all but essential services, controllable immigration is at an all time high and we have a deepening housing crisis.

But on Brexit, she is doing really well.
L i b
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I still think it's oddly too early to tell. That's because Brexit has dominated virtually everything politically since she came into office: anything else just seems like background noise.

On Brexit, she's certainly achieved her primary objective: not being seen to welch on the referendum outcome and ensuring that there has been no betrayal narrative from the Leave voters. The final outcome will be a bit of a mystery at this stage, but I can't help but wish that she'd chosen a closer relationship. Free movement, however, was always going to be a sticking point.
username2228735
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
You are right. She is doing a good job of Brexit. Meanwhile, back in reality, the NHS is on the edge of a cliff, schools are struggling to hire teachers, prisons are a complete joke, local councils are having to cut all but essential services, controllable immigration is at an all time high and we have a deepening housing crisis.

But on Brexit, she is doing really well.
You seem to have completely missed the point of my post. Try again.
Socrates2017
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
she's surprisingly not making a total mess of brexit so I'm going to say yay
but I see this as her one trick pony period
give it a year and she'll be ****ing *something* up.
this brexit success will go to her head.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm pretty pleased so far. On the big issue of the day she has given broadly the correct answer and in 36 hours she is odds on to crush the opposition in the first incumbent gain for 35 years so electorally i have hope that she'll live up to her billing in the polls. In terms of wider policy she has done very little good or bad although i disliked the fact that she watered down Cameron's obesity strategy and she's also not as likeable as him. I love how they've got a grip on the press though.

8/10 as the first six months go although she has big tests in May (local elections) and March (the budget).
mojojojo101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ill be generous and giver her a solid 3/10.

While she has got the right message on Brexit eventually on a number of reasons she has been ddragged there kicking and screaming and she has made some really odd decisions (fighting the vote in parliament when she was always going to win said vote anyway).

As for other areas of government, I don't think calling her a disaster would be a particularly unfair assessment. In many areas, health, education, social services, the rail industry, even today she is causing infighting with business rate increase, even in her own party.
Martin Grainger
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by boltingtime)
How would you rate her since she took over? Out of a score of 100 I'd give her 58. On the fence with the way she is taking Brexit forward.
Where's the poll?
serah.exe
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Theresa Nay
username2324315
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by serah.exe)
Theresa Nay
I think she should Theresa GoAway
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Theresa Yay! she's helped me on a personal level by giving me work experience (which my local labour MP refused) which helped me get my first job, I also think she's taking the brave move with brexit, sure it might seem better to play it safe but is it worth it? Considering people still won't be happy with it.. e.g leaving the EU but staying in the Single Market, that doesn't resolve anything? The only solution is a clean cut, I honestly think she'll get us a good trade deal, some sort of deal for services and will certainly reaccelerate our economy. Most of the criticism on her side is pure speculation, why don't you wait for the EU negotiations to begin and save the criticism, if you keep the criticism up it'll just be background noise when negotiations are being held.
seaholme
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
15/100. She's failed to respond to any important domestic issues, made some seriously dubious cabinet appointments, failed to capitalise on the fact that Jeremy Corbyn is leading the weakest opposition of all time in anything more than a passive way (partly why she has therefore been mostly unquestioned on failing to respond to domestic issues) - and on the dominant subject of Brexit she's been crowd-pleasing for votes and done nothing of substance except for trying to make the activation of article 50 herself, bypassing parliament and the nation, like that's okay.

TL;DR Apart from angling us all towards a more destructive hard Brexit, hardening the hearts of Europeans who have really no reason to give us a good deal, she's basically kept her head down and done pretty much nothing about anything.
Alpha-tega
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Nay,100%.all she's trying to do is activate article 50 and trying to avoid questions, she does what she desires.
RF_PineMarten
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I like how she's going to deliver on Brexit, but then again any other party leader would have done the same after the referendum, so that's not saying much. I'm very worried about her authoritarian tendencies and her support for expanding things like mass surveillance. That's all I can really judge her on right now, but I can't say I have high hopes.
Alpha-tega
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Though David Cameron did **** everything up so i guess it's 79% nay from me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (22)
18.64%
I'm not sure (2)
1.69%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (35)
29.66%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.54%
I'm not a current university student (56)
47.46%

Watched Threads