Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

just got my karate suit watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i started last week its really fun. im wearing it now with my white belt but what i really hate is the sleeves are tremendously baggy at the top of the arms.

i know no 1 cares just thought id tell u all. i actually look like a ponce in it but so do some other guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    i started last week its really fun. im wearing it now with my white belt but what i really hate is the sleeves are tremendously baggy at the top of the arms.

i know no 1 cares just thought id tell u all. i actually look like a ponce in it but so do some other guys
    *puts on my TKD uniform*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    *puts on my TKD uniform*
    u dont scare me, show me what uve got (punches)

ReputationRep:
    u dont scare me, show me what uve got (punches)
    *wraps back belt around waist which have 2 stripes of gold at the ends with Korean characters on*

How do you feel now?

ReputationRep:
    *wraps back belt around waist which have 2 stripes of gold at the ends with Korean characters on*

How do you feel now?
    *elbows you*

Yeah, you can't kick me now, can you ?

ReputationRep:

How do you feel now?
    :eek: steps back then attempts a karate kick

ReputationRep:
    :eek: steps back then attempts a karate kick
    Are you karate kid in disguise?

Remember defence is the best offence.

I hope you enjoy karate. It has never really appealed to me - TKD, Kung Fu and Aikido have though.

*does a jumping crescent kick*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Blazed)
    Yeah, you can't kick me now, can you ?
    Why not?

ReputationRep:
    Man, I'd love to try karate!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Man, I'd love to try karate!
    Why?

ReputationRep:

How do you feel now?
    Ooh.....back belt....how scary. How about my front belt with pink spikes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotus_lee)
    Ooh.....back belt....how scary. How about my front belt with pink spikes?
    Yeah pink is scary.... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Why?
    It would be pretty cool. That or martial arts or even self defence. Plus, it would increase your fitness a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    It would be pretty cool. That or martial arts or even self defence. Plus, it would increase your fitness a lot.
    It will only improve your fitness a lot if you make it though. Not sure which martial arts are more demanding than others on the fitness aspect.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe I have a Taekwondo suit with a matching black-tip belt.

Anyway, my lil brother is 7 and he's on white belt karate too. Don't worry, as long as you learn your patterns well then you'll move up pretty fast. My brother also became amazingly strong during his year of karate, this is mainly due to the fact that he is always late and has to do 20 push-ups A LOT.

Have fun! You'll notice your arms filling out those baggy sleeves soon enough.

ReputationRep:
    Why not?
    When you fight a strong kicking opponent, you move in close. Works every time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Blazed)
    When you fight a strong kicking opponent, you move in close. Works every time.
    Nah I'm too quick for ya

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to start learning karate if I get into uni this year. Did you find you have to be quite physically fit to start off with? (as I am not!)

ReputationRep:
    Look at you all - gloating about your belt colours! Tut tut! Any good/self respecting martial artists knows that there is always someone better than them, and not to go round boasting about what grade they are! At the end of the day, the colour of the belt means nothing in the street!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retrac)
    Look at you all - gloating about your belt colours! Tut tut!
    It's called fun.

Any good/self respecting martial artists knows that there is always someone better than them, and not to go round boasting about what grade they are!
    No one ever said anything contrary to what you said. And it is which grade not what grade.

At the end of the day, the colour of the belt means nothing in the street!
    Is that so? Not in my experience.

It's fine telling which colour belt you are. I'm sure if you achieved AAA at A levels and got a first I'm pretty sure you will tell people about that. People should be proud of their achievements.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.