Turn on thread page Beta

just got my karate suit watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I see it's the usual 'let's take things reeeeeeeally seriously' thing again! Hehe, I was only messing with you all! Martial Arts is all about fun anyway, as well as the odd tip in how to defend yourself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retrac)
    I see it's the usual 'let's take things reeeeeeeally seriously' thing again!
    Well some people are devoted martial artists. But I did see your point, you do get people gloating which colour belt, but the same happens with A levels and degrees, especially on here!

Hehe, I was only messing with you all!
    Were you messing with before or after my post?

Martial Arts is all about fun anyway, as well as the odd tip in how to defend yourself!
    I see it as a discipline. If I wanted fun I'd play football. But I see your point.

ReputationRep:
    Well let's not get bogged down with pointless nothingness! Let's just wish all of our martial artist friends all the best in their 'discipline'!

ReputationRep:
    Well let's not get bogged down with pointless nothingness! Let's just wish all of our martial artist friends all the best in their 'discipline'!
    And to use them wisely and adhere to their qi and the rules and, and....

Okay I'll stop

But this was one reason why I left my TKD club was that it was no longer really self-defence. Fight nights?! Extra patterns. I mean, really.

ReputationRep:
    So do you still train, or have you completely given up? I train mainly in a freestyle martial art which comprises several different arts, karate, judo, TKD, etc etc. I train in just Judo as well, although I haven't been properly graded in it as a single art.

ReputationRep:
    So do you still train, or have you completely given up? I train mainly in a freestyle martial art which comprises several different arts, karate, judo, TKD, etc etc. I train in just Judo as well, although I haven't been properly graded in it as a single art.
    No I don't train. Might pick up something at university though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    i started last week its really fun. im wearing it now with my white belt but what i really hate is the sleeves are tremendously baggy at the top of the arms.

i know no 1 cares just thought id tell u all. i actually look like a ponce in it but so do some other guys
    Karate crap, LOL
    Why didn,t you do something like boxing/kick boxing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s43)
    Are you suggesting kickboxing is superior? It's not always the martial art you learn, it's how you use it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s43)
    Karate crap, LOL
    Because then someone gets you in a lock and you have no idea what to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Blazed)
    Because then someone gets you in a lock and you have no idea what to do
    LOL, Thats when I start to do grapping!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s43)
    LOL, Thats when I start to do grapping!
    If that's what's important than why not do Judo. On another note I'm not sure how serious you're being here...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeWired)
    If that's what's important than why not do Judo. On another note I'm not sure how serious you're being here...
    Or ju jitsu, I think it is.

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to take up a martial art when I go to Uni. I'm a bit worried since I've only had just over a years experience before, it was at a very good club but that was a couple of years ago! It was supposed to be karate but to be more honest it was more of a general fighting style with some judo as well. Hope I'm fit enough to start anything like that again , I need to do something though I guess.

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to take up a martial art when I go to Uni. I'm a bit worried since I've only had just over a years experience before, it was at a very good club but that was a couple of years ago! It was supposed to be karate but to be more honest it was more of a general fighting style with some judo as well. Hope I'm fit enough to start anything like that again , I need to do something though I guess.
    This is very important I feel as it helps fuel your studies if used in correct amounts. Plus I'd be bored reading 24/7 in the law library

I will use uni to do something different while I am there or cannot do so easily at home, like archery or hurling etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    This is very important I feel as it helps fuel your studies if used in correct amounts. Plus I'd be bored reading 24/7 in the law library

I will use uni to do something different while I am there or cannot do so easily at home, like archery or hurling etc.
    Aye, seems like we can do a lot at Uni! I'm looking forward to a lot of the things available. Maybe climbing or the like (since I'll be up in Edinburgh hopefully it might be good to go over to the Highlands or something).

ReputationRep:
    Aye, seems like we can do a lot at Uni! I'm looking forward to a lot of the things available. Maybe climbing or the like (since I'll be up in Edinburgh hopefully it might be good to go over to the Highlands or something).
    Are you Scottish?

ReputationRep:
    Are you Scottish?
    Actually I'm from Norfolk
    (picked up the 'aye' from m8s around here... any other connection is pure coincidence!)

ReputationRep:
    Actually I'm from Norfolk
    (picked up the 'aye' from m8s around here... any other connection is pure coincidence!)
    Sounds like you will pick more of those Scottish words up later on then.

I'm not sure how many clubs I will join though, if I get in

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you will pick more of those Scottish words up later on then.

I'm not sure how many clubs I will join though, if I get in
    You'll get in
    I think I'm going to hit the sack now... Looking at these late night chats is a bit much

ReputationRep:
    You'll get in
    Thanks.

I think I'm going to hit the sack now... Looking at these late night chats is a bit much
    It's also bad for your health

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.