Johnwwfc1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Please could people help me with revision (what I should do/how I should do it)

Maths 9-1
English literature 9-1
English language 9-1
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Geography
French

Thankyou
ReubenBenkel
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The key thing is - do past/practise papers. This is the best way of revising because this is what we have to do at the end of the year and practise makes perfect.

For everything par maths (for me questions is the only way to practise maths), get revision books such as CGP books and read them and take notes from them.

English is a bit harder as it's the new 9-1 system (Maths is too, but maths is maths. The new English is no book in exams) but questions are similar - just don't have the book nearby. As revision, go through the books and take key quotes - they can just be a word or a phrase, not just great long sentences. You can fins revision books for each book that you do (I do A Christmas Carol (CGP Revision guide), The Woman in Black (Philip Allen Guide) and Much Ado about Nothing (Hodder Education Guide)).

So, to sum up:
Get revision books
Do practise papers (some in exam conditions, others with notes)

Hope this helps
Johnwwfc1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by ReubenBenkel)
The key thing is - do past/practise papers. This is the best way of revising because this is what we have to do at the end of the year and practise makes perfect.

For everything par maths (for me questions is the only way to practise maths), get revision books such as CGP books and read them and take notes from them.

English is a bit harder as it's the new 9-1 system (Maths is too, but maths is maths. The new English is no book in exams) but questions are similar - just don't have the book nearby. As revision, go through the books and take key quotes - they can just be a word or a phrase, not just great long sentences. You can fins revision books for each book that you do (I do A Christmas Carol (CGP Revision guide), The Woman in Black (Philip Allen Guide) and Much Ado about Nothing (Hodder Education Guide)).

So, to sum up:
Get revision books
Do practise papers (some in exam conditions, others with notes)

Hope this helps
Thankyouuu
ReubenBenkel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Johnwwfc1)
Thankyouuu
You're welcome :borat:
Mo H
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Here are some ideas:
Make notes using revision guides, Youtube videos, etc.
Use past papers to practise on, then use the mark scheme.
Figure out where you need to improve, and then seek out that information, for example by going back to your notes, or look it up in a book or on Youtube.

A good YouTube channel for GCSE science is Get To Know Science. Also Khan Academy is good for other subjects. I'm sure there are others out there for other subjects. CGP make good revision guides and textbooks. Past papers are all on the website for your exam board.
TheMightyBadger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Repeat all of the past papers until you achieve full marks in them, as well as doing the obvious such as making notes, etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?