The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Industrial Economics anyone??

Hey, I have a conditional offer to study Industrial Economics in September and thought I'd start a thread to see peoples opinion on the course, etc.
Also, accommodation opens soon and I was wondering if anyone else with this course was thinking about Broadgate park as an option, even though its a trek.
Reply 1
Original post by TrafLaw
Hey, I have a conditional offer to study Industrial Economics in September and thought I'd start a thread to see peoples opinion on the course, etc.
Also, accommodation opens soon and I was wondering if anyone else with this course was thinking about Broadgate park as an option, even though its a trek.

Hello, im going to be studying industrial economics in sept too! Im thinking of choosing Raleigh Park though as its closest to Jubilee campus where our course is based, and also heard good things about the halls.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by akil97
Hello, im going to be studying industrial economics in sept too! Im thinking of choosing Raleigh Park though as its closest to Jubilee campus where our course is based, and also heard good things about the halls.

Hey man! I originally had Raleigh park as my first choice, however from what I've heard it seems as though the closer to Uni park you are the more social it is since that's where the SU is located etc. I also slightly prefer the en-suite rooms in Broadgate and the hopper bus seems very reliable to get to lectures on time.
Reply 3
Original post by TrafLaw
Hey man! I originally had Raleigh park as my first choice, however from what I've heard it seems as though the closer to Uni park you are the more social it is since that's where the SU is located etc. I also slightly prefer the en-suite rooms in Broadgate and the hopper bus seems very reliable to get to lectures on time.

Oh right fair enough bro, im only thinking about Raleigh park is as thats what some first year students have reccomended to me! Im going to the applicant day on 8th march so i guess ill find out which one i prefer then! deffo either that or broadgate!
Reply 4
Original post by akil97
Oh right fair enough bro, im only thinking about Raleigh park is as thats what some first year students have reccomended to me! Im going to the applicant day on 8th march so i guess ill find out which one i prefer then! deffo either that or broadgate!

haha I'm going on 8th march as well, not sure if we get to view broadgate though. Also accomodation opens march 1 and en-suite at broadgate goes the fastest so Im going to risk it and firm it without viewing any others. Raleigh is pretty popular but there will still be places after march 8 im sure.
Reply 5
Original post by TrafLaw

Hi, I can't comment much on accommodation as I was based on Uni Park studying economics. A friend of mine studied industrial econ and absolutely loved it! Compared to straight economics it has a much greater focus on micro and connects it to the real world. It seems far more applicable to business and future jobs and is highly regarded by employers. Personally I wish i'd chosen that course instead as it is something different to basic economics which is too common amongst job applicants. The course itself has challenging elements such as statistics and game theory if you are not strong at maths but even those who didn't study A level maths seem to do well. It's also important to note that in the final year you can add (with Insurance) to your degree by taking 4 risk/insurance modules which adds another skill to your portfolio and is useful for banking/finance. My friend secured a job in investment banking very early on so it really is a good course!!
Original post by UoN101
Hi, I can't comment much on accommodation as I was based on Uni Park studying economics. A friend of mine studied industrial econ and absolutely loved it! Compared to straight economics it has a much greater focus on micro and connects it to the real world. It seems far more applicable to business and future jobs and is highly regarded by employers. Personally I wish i'd chosen that course instead as it is something different to basic economics which is too common amongst job applicants. The course itself has challenging elements such as statistics and game theory if you are not strong at maths but even those who didn't study A level maths seem to do well. It's also important to note that in the final year you can add (with Insurance) to your degree by taking 4 risk/insurance modules which adds another skill to your portfolio and is useful for banking/finance. My friend secured a job in investment banking very early on so it really is a good course!!

So what are the exact differences between industrial econ and straight eco? Do you think the lefturers are goid? Is jt hard to secure spring weeks, internships etc? Thanks in advance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending