The Student Room Group

AQA History A-Level New Specification 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chief_98
Another one! To what extent, by 1509, was the church in England in need of reform?
I can only think of the lollards rebellion showing some sort of anti Catholicism and the rise of humanism criticising the church and pope and bible.
For against I'd put that the church kept community together and had some law and order role by telling people what was right and wrong.
But how much a obscure question is this though :frown:

I...uh...actually...like that one??? I did it yesterday and I found like 2 plans I'd already made in the past and turns out I know a lot about pre-reformation church just because I was worried about the exam last year.
everyone who has their life together and has revised from the first day of year 13 needs to take one for the team and actively try to not do well pls - i need that national average to be lowww 😂😂

Original post by Sabnamraii
Well.. at least its reassuring to know that the national average will plummet compared to previous years so the grade boundaries should be quite low? 😅🙏🏼😬 *this is the only thing that gives me hope tbh
Original post by Rachel58
I...uh...actually...like that one??? I did it yesterday and I found like 2 plans I'd already made in the past and turns out I know a lot about pre-reformation church just because I was worried about the exam last year.

On 2nd thoughts yeah but I'd panic if I saw that in the exam lol!
I've done a plan for this question and i divided it into: Council, Parliament, Judicial and Financial - hope that helps!
Yep, Oxford.

I hate that question, like...there's 3 things basically that you can say and that's like the JPs, the Privy Chamber and the Council Learned and they expect you to write an essay??
Ngl, I s2g if I've spent all my time revising the ridiculously hard questions in the book like 'how important was agriculture to the economy of Henry VII???' and then the exam is really easy like 'Was the foreign policy of Henry VIII a success?' I'm legit going to have a break down.
The questions in the textbook are ridiculous!!!! 'How far did Wales, Cornwall and the North benefit from the reigns of Henry VII and Henry VIII?' who knows!!!!

Just planned this not sure if it's too late but
You could say that his reliance on food feeding everyone without increased inflation
Also wool farming would be another one due to the exports
I said it's not important as he put his dynasty first before signing the intercusus Magnus inn 1496.
Another one would be finding fishing grounds ect showing that he had relied on exploration to be economically stable too
Honestly guys.. Henry VII is bae compared to all the other Tudor monarchs- his is so short and sweet. The real problem begins with his son 🙃 Henry VIII- if it weren't for that ****boy (excuse the language) then he wouldn't have gotten the divorce and marry 5 times again nor would he have produced so any heirs that we would have to study.
Original post by Sabnamraii
Honestly guys.. Henry VII is bae compared to all the other Tudor monarchs- his is so short and sweet. The real problem begins with his son 🙃 Henry VIII- if it weren't for that ****boy (excuse the language) then he wouldn't have gotten the divorce and marry 5 times again nor would he have produced so any heirs that we would have to study.

Henry VII is my fave Tudor as well, by like a million miles.

But don't be mean to Henry VIII!!!! His brother and mother died within a year of each other and at the same time, his sister was sent to Scotland! I'd be messed up too.
Original post by Student 1305
awww no don't worry! I seriously hope its gonna be lower so im so screwed for this exam. Both Russia and Tudors were 35/50 last year (70% - A) so maybe this year for an A it could be 56/80 (70%) but idk if thats wishful thinking.

How do you think the breakdown of boundaries would go after the A? do you think they will be very close boundaries like what would be a B or a C?

Thanks !
Original post by lpjjohnson
You could potentially split the two - one for successful social and then unsuccessful social policies and the do the same for economic policies.
My textbook talks about things such as back-to-back harvest failures, rising inflation which meant that workers wages were at their lowest value relative to the price of goods any time between the Black Death and the present day and structural inequalities. These could all be pointed as a issues the government faced and then you could go on to say how they were dealt with e.g. poor laws and reversing the debasement of the coinage that had occurred during Henry VIII and Edward's reigns. Also rebellions could be potentially mentioned if one of the factors for rebellion was economic or social (although I don't think the 1569 or 1601 rebellions were really caused by those sorts of things?).

Would it be alright to mention how she encouraged trade and exploration and link that with the economy?
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas
Original post by sabnamraii
honestly guys.. Henry vii is bae compared to all the other tudor monarchs- his is so short and sweet. The real problem begins with his son 🙃 henry viii- if it weren't for that ****boy (excuse the language) then he wouldn't have gotten the divorce and marry 5 times again nor would he have produced so any heirs that we would have to study.
Original post by Hannahlrj
I had psychology too !! I hope it went well :smile: Idk how i did i coursework like i think it went okay but not amazing :smile: I need a B but honestly I just don't know if that is possible :/

How'd you find psychology? And my teacher thinks I got 26/40 for my coursework, pretty ****....though tbf I was vvvvv stupid and left it all until last minute, did such a half job of it oops. I'm gonna try and get a C in it, just means I have to get a B in Psych and English..
The AQA official Tudors one. It's...terrible. Very bad information, almost no specific info but then it has really detailed and horrible questions like...how am I meant to answer these if the textbook has no info in it?

I have 7 history textbooks just because the quality of textbooks is so bad.

What the heck.I find the AQA tudors one really good

Can you link me your 7 history books btw?
Ngl, I s2g if I've spent all my time revising the ridiculously hard questions in the book like 'how important was agriculture to the economy of Henry VII???' and then the exam is really easy like 'Was the foreign policy of Henry VIII a success?' I'm legit going to have a break down.
The questions in the textbook are ridiculous!!!! 'How far did Wales, Cornwall and the North benefit from the reigns of Henry VII and Henry VIII?' who knows!!!!

Gotta remember that these Oxford AQA textbooks were written to have questions at the end of each chapter and that this is not representative of what the questions will be like in the exam. AQA have stated that the questions for Paper 1 should cover a range of 20-25 years and are to be on major areas of policy. Don't worry about the textbook ones as they have to put a question there even if it isn't not what it'd be like on the paper.
To think that this time tomorrow we'll be doing our exam😂

Praying for religion under Henry VIII, consolidation of power under Henry VII and foreign policy under Elizabeth!!!

and I know jack all :smile:
Praying for religion under Henry VIII, consolidation of power under Henry VII and foreign policy under Elizabeth!!!

I'd walk out laughing Lol!
Original post by chloereedy_
and I know jack all :smile:

I'm sure you do! It's just stress!!! You'll be fine!
Original post by MonetBlanchard
Hi guys,
I'm new here and I'm not sure if I've put this in the right place, but I've been looking everywhere for a discussion/thread for the new AQA spec and haven't really found any. I was just wondering if anyone has any advice when it comes to studying for the exams, particularly with topics 1C "The Tudors: England 1485-1603" and 2Q "The American Dream: Reality and Illusion 1945-1980".

Hey guys! Anybody going 1K USA or 2D Tudors?
I'd walk out laughing Lol!

Let's be real - we've seen the textbook, so we know really that AQA knows literally nothing about the Tudors if that's the best textbook they could produce.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending