The Student Room Group

American or european: what type of pancakes do you like?

Poll

American or British/European: what type of pancakes do you like?

as a lot of people know, pancake day is a week today. whilst everyone talks about which toppings theyll go for, nobody is talking about the type of pancake.

american pancakes are the thick cakey tfluffy ype, whereas european pancakes (or crepes) are the thin soft type which most brits are familiar with.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Both cause pancakes are delicious
. :party:
American
What's the difference?
Original post by Jibola240
What's the difference?

English pancakes are super wafer thin. American pancakes are a bit like scotch pancakes.
American BY FAR. Thick & Fluffy pancakes is where it's at, they absorb syrup extremely well and you can actually put fruit within the pancake (Blueberry pancakes ARE LIFE), whereas British pancakes are thin & just disgusting tbh :unimpressed:
Indian pancakes
American as they re much easier to flip.
The American pancake is overly filling, the pancake is not supposed to be some stodgy mess. It is a light meal or snack.

The European pancake is far superior in every way.
Reply 9
American pancakes full of chocolate chips with maple syrup is one hell of a breakfast :biggrin:

Had them when I was in DC last week at some cool diner, didn't care how unhealthy they were since it was only once...
Original post by Willy Pete
The American pancake is overly filling, the pancake is not supposed to be some stodgy mess. It is a light meal or snack.

The European pancake is far superior in every way.

Wholeheartedly agree
i don't trust people who like american pancakes more than european ones
It's all about Crepes.
Original post by EC
Both cause pancakes are delicious
. :party:

Any that can go down my throat 😍🥞🥞🥞🥞
Crepes are tasty but American pancakes feel nicer in my mouth.
Original post by claireestelle
American as they re much easier to flip.

try telling that to my frying pan!
crikey the poll has been live for a day and it has over 400 votes. tis surprising
Original post by quasa
try telling that to my frying pan!

are you using plenty of butter/oil?
Original post by claireestelle
are you using plenty of butter/oil?

i try minimising for health reasons (literally a teaspoon of rapeseed or margerine)

incidentally, margarine + pancakes is a disgusting combo
Original post by TheAdviser101
Indian pancakes

ghowno (or however you spell it in english - marathi sweet pancakes) or dosa? or another variety

Quick Reply

Latest