Primary School Memories

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm feeling a bit nostalgic today and got into a discussion about old memories from primary school and remembered some good ones

About 90% of girls had those name head bands and I remember nearly crying with joy when I found one with Yasmin on it, finally :laugh:
Name:  s-l300.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  14.3 KB

And who could forget 'heads down, thumbs up?!' I loved that game and outside we played "Double D's" which sounds dodgy but it wasn't it was like tig pretty much and you had people in the middle trying to catch you and there were two safe tens at each side of the playground.

I remember the phrase of those smelling gel pens. Looking back, we must have looked stupid sniffing our pens and paper every five mins :laugh:

What memories do you have of primary school?
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
This was more 00's in 2005 -2007. but anyway :

that old projector thing which was used to project the songs in assembly
the toilets were extremely difficult to foush (the ones with a chain)
A water fountain which you had to drink out of (great until someone decided to turn it into an orange squash fountain)
Heads down Thumbs up (hated it because I was never picked)
the parachute in PE.(was the best) and the gym equipment - twas a rare occurence at my primary
shirt signing
the last day of each year being "board game day"
ihatePE
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Chronoscope
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ihatePE)
how I remember. I remember them well.
UWS
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
School dinners be like

Name:  school-dinners-report-oli-008.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  28.2 KB
username3037370
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Almost being expelled when I was 4 because a TA accused me of hitting her (I did accidentally with my coat)
Disgusting school dinners
Sex education lessons
Favourite teacher gets sacked
Parties
Trying to run away from little kids with their trousers and pants down in the boys toilets
One of my friends swearing multiple times and claiming he didn't mean to every time
Prom
Falling out with most of my friends right after primary school because they were bullies
Accidentally pulling my pants down while changing for PE in Year 1
Falling over in the playground and cutting my head badly in Year 2
Visiting my secondary school for the first time
Vikingninja
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I was the pokemon god and if you wanted to know how to get a specific one in the games I was able to tell you nearly all of them (even though I only played gen 3 and 4 at that point).

People were obsessed with either pokemon or yu gi oh and I ran a cyber deck which was incomplete since I couldn't find cyber packs. Had chimeratech overdragon (a card which can end the game in 1 turn if done right) but not actual cyber dragon lol.
LlamaLikeEllie
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Bouncy castle days.
The Tyre park, and thinking the jumps were huge.
Getting the pen license.
Going to Flash in year 6 where all the boys got scared playing murderer in the dark.

When our headteacher banned us from taking sweets to Kingswood. I remember them searching our bags, and saying that we would have to miss an activity if we took sweets with us. Instead, we got pathetic little paper bags with about 5 sweets in a day.
niamhdoesmaths
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Popsiclez
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I never found out what happened to Biff and Chip in the End.
Match Attax
Tracy Beaker/CBBC
Golden Time
When you would see the sihlouette of a hand placing a sheet underneath the projector
SATs
Beast Quest/Harry Potter/Ben 10
Mr Soapy
When both the boys and girls got changed in one room
Someone saying "Oooooh Im telling" when you said a bad word
EducationCity/ Trying to hack membership on Club Penguin
Trump Cards
Doodling crap on the whiteboard
Learning the Numberline Menthod
Signing each other shirts
Talking about our future ambitions of working in McDs
Thinking the world was all rainbows
Guided Reading
Certificate Ceremonies
Heads Down Thumbs up/ Stuck in the Mud/ Bulldog/ Piggy in the middle/ It/Duck Duck Goose
Youtube: Broadcast Yourself (4:3 Aspect Ratio 240/360p vids)
Whenever we played a Disney film and the DVD logo came up and the Adverts and Copyright notices
Balamory, Charlie and Lola
Wired Ethernet connections/Phonelines
Myspace
Flip phones/Slid Phones
DS Lite
Summer Fetes/Pantos

Oh I miss it so much, it was simpler, we were innocent and werent afraid to be weird. I miss it soo much I hate GCSEs. ;(
Rum Ham
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Another one I remember - watching Bernard's Watch during some lessons :teehee:
Vikingninja
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Spock's Socks)
Another one I remember - watching Bernard's Watch during some lessons :teehee:
For some reason a load of the kids said that cool meant "shrivelled up monkey's penis"... these then transitioned to be the cool kids in secondary school... in the peasant tier.
retro_turtles
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ihatePE)
Kipper was the best
FyeahPhilieas123
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Chronoscope)
This was more 00's in 2005 -2007. but anyway :

that old projector thing which was used to project the songs in assembly
the toilets were extremely difficult to foush (the ones with a chain)
A water fountain which you had to drink out of (great until someone decided to turn it into an orange squash fountain)
Heads down Thumbs up (hated it because I was never picked)
the parachute in PE.(was the best) and the gym equipment - twas a rare occurence at my primary
shirt signing
the last day of each year being "board game day"
I remember the projector, the water fountain, heads down, thumbs up, the parachute and shirt signing, we use to do it on Leavers Day.
gjd800
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Started primary in 1990, a lifetime ago

bullied a bit, scrapped a lot
footie was the greatest thing in my life and playing for the school was second only to turning out for Liverpool
the last week of term being nothing but watching videos
The old Acorn computers with 'educational' games on them
All the girls having Take That bags
NAFF jackets
Pogs (first time around)
Last edited by gjd800; 4 months ago
gjd800
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Wednesday swimming lessons at the local baths
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.2%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.66%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (141)
26.06%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.13%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (263)
48.61%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.33%

Watched Threads