The Student Room Group

Which are your favourite news outlets?

Currently, my tendency is to use BBC for breaking news and a quick preview of a story on the News app on my phone or have it on in the background while rushing around in the morning, and Al Jazeera if something sticks out as interesting. Later in the week, I turn to The Economist and pull out news that was interesting during the week for a more thorough read or what was happening, at least paying attention to the Leaders and making an effort to read Special reports.

I use Council on Foreign Relations for primers on general topics. . They have a good series of 'backgrounders'. Since I like geopolitics, it's a particularly good resource.

Ideally, I'd read/watch/listen to them all and get a balanced perspective but I haven't got time for that.

Which sources do you prefer and recommend? Also, do you like any radio broadcasts or tv shows that I hadn't considered?
(edited 7 years ago)
I tend to use BBC News, primarily, but that's mostly out of convinience.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I sometimes read the National Post, Financial Times, and the Toronto Sun. Also the BBC, CBC, Fox News. This and that.

However, I don't Trust the news media all that much. Often you get maybe 20% of what really happened which is filtered through the political/personal biases of whoever's reporting it. Take everything with a pinch of salt and read multiple sources if you can.
Reply 3
Daily Stormer
Original post by Dandaman1
I sometimes read the National Post, Financial Times, and the Toronto Sun. Also the BBC, CBC, Fox News. This and that.

However, I don't Trust the news media all that much. Often you get maybe 20% of what really happened which is filtered through the political/personal biases of whoever's reporting it. Take everything with a pinch of salt and read multiple sources if you can.

Fox isn't even worth your time.
The Guardian and BBC news mostly. Sometimes Euro News and Le Monde.fr
Original post by cbreef
Fox isn't even worth your time.

1. It's entertaining.
2. You get the side of things the more left-leaning outlets won't often report.
Financial times, BBC, Al Jazeera and Reuters.
no no no no! never the BBC, CNN #FAKENEWS #MUHMAINSTREAMLEFTWINGBIASEDMEDIA #TRUMPSAIDSO
InfoWars
BBC news, buzzfeed, vox, breitbart, fox news
At this point my main source of news is this site tbh
TSR.
Usual ports of call are the BBC, Financial Times, Le Monde, Frankfurter Allgemeine, and the New York Times.
I mainly use the Guardian, New Statesman and the Economist for it's foreign politics reporting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending