The Student Room Group

Civil service Fast Track Finance Apprenticeship 2017

I know theres a thread already made for all of the schemes, however I thoughh it'd be better to have one for specifically the finance one where we can discuss the different variations of interview questions and assessment centre activities. Anyone applied yet? I've applied for the London office
Same I've applied for London office. I found the verbal reasoning test really easy but I'm struggling on finishing the numerical maths one because I tend to think much longer in maths word problems
Reply 2
Original post by Sophwintsxoxo
Same I've applied for London office. I found the verbal reasoning test really easy but I'm struggling on finishing the numerical maths one because I tend to think much longer in maths word problems

Same, im usually fine with the verbal tests but numerical ones take me longer
Original post by Wenger_Out
I know theres a thread already made for all of the schemes, however I thoughh it'd be better to have one for specifically the finance one where we can discuss the different variations of interview questions and assessment centre activities. Anyone applied yet? I've applied for the London office

If it's the same as last year (which I assume it will be) it's the same interview and assessment centre for all. This means if they can't offer you a place on your preferred scheme you can still be considered for the others.
Reply 4
Original post by mjp73
If it's the same as last year (which I assume it will be) it's the same interview and assessment centre for all. This means if they can't offer you a place on your preferred scheme you can still be considered for the others.

But how will my skills be transferrable to another scheme? Finance is kinda seperate from the hr schemes they have
Original post by Wenger_Out
But how will my skills be transferrable to another scheme? Finance is kinda seperate from the hr schemes they have

They assess you against the Fast Track "standard" and each scheme has it's own pass marks at each stage - e.g Finance may have a higher pass mark on the numeric test than other schemes. Recruitment is done on competencies & strengths at the later stages. i.e do you display the behaviours the Civil Service is looking for at this level.
I'm hoping ti apply for this next year, rather than going to University. Has anyone got any general tips on how to boost your application, your experience with it or any additional information at all? Really curious, thanks!
Reply 7
Original post by Undefined..
I'm hoping ti apply for this next year, rather than going to University. Has anyone got any general tips on how to boost your application, your experience with it or any additional information at all? Really curious, thanks!

I'd advise you to apply to other finance apprenticeships and not just this one. I spoke to a civil service apprentice at a national apprenticeship show recently and she said although the salary is really competitive, other finance apprenticeships are better in some cases in terms of career progression and hr departments.
Reply 8
each scheme has it's own pass marks at each stage - e.g Finance may have a higher pass mark on the numeric test than other schemes. Recruitment is done on competencies & strengths at the later stages

Not necessarily. I'm dyslexic, so never took a verbal or numerical test, as under civil service rules, I am exempt. Those tests are solely to see whether the maths and English skills meet a basic gcse C and you can string a sentence together. If you fail either, you don't move the the assessment.

You are correct in recruitment, it is done using competencies but alk 5 depth have the same minimum standard, otherwise persons like myself, wouldn't stand a chance at interview.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
I applied for Finance and got in. They have given me a position and they completed my Pre-Emp Checks on the 31st August but still aint got a start date yet
Have you got a start date yet? I’ve been selected for the buisness strand but I haven’t heard from Fast Track for weeks after my checks were complete back in August.
Hi, I’m in the same situation this year. When did you get your start date for last year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending