The Student Room Group

Teacher told me to drop out of sixth form

I am an a2 student i recently did my mocks i failed all of them but that was due to the lack of revision however though one of my teachers have advised me to simply drop out at this point is this fair? i mean can i improve in under 3 months
Original post by Anonymous
I am an a2 student i recently did my mocks i failed all of them but that was due to the lack of revision however though one of my teachers have advised me to simply drop out at this point is this fair? i mean can i improve in under 3 months

Moved from Health to A Levels for you :smile:

If it's any consolation... I didn't revise much for my A2 mocks, got an E in my psychology mock and then got As in both A2 exams and an A overall. It's doable, but you need to make sure you put in the work. Best of luck :smile:
It's never too late for improvement ^_^ One time we had a guest speaker in assembly and she managed to turn her grades around in a really short amount of time. I'm sure you could do it too
obviously it depends on your school/college but based upon what I've seen at the 3 schools I've been to, with underperforming students their main motivator for making students drop out is to try and maintain their results statistics. It would definetly be better for you to try and get some alevels. The only other option would be for you to start the year again, the teacher may just have been concerned that you have too little time. Even with no revision, failing exams still suggests that you have very little understanding of what you have coverered this year, and whilst you have 3 months you aren't really in the best position to do well in your exams.
Original post by Anonymous

Will they let you sit the A2 exams?

Quick Reply