Anyone starting adult nursing September 2017 Southwark

Watch
mummy of 3 ❤
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi everyone, is anyone hoping to start this September? Thought it would be good to hear from some peeps before we start, I've got a conditional offer so keeping my fingers crossed will meet it 😊 Xx
chelseawall
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have applied, But so far heard nothing
Starting to get a little worried as this is the choice i wanted most!
mummy of 3 ❤
Rep:
?
I'm sure you have nothing to worry about Hun, when did you apply x
chelseawall
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mummy of 3 ❤)
I'm sure you have nothing to worry about Hun, when did you apply x
Well i only sent my application off last Tuesday as my reference took so long getting back to me.
So that worries me a little
But i have seen that some other people still haven't sent their applications off still now x
mummy of 3 ❤
Rep:
?
If your worried give admissions a call, they've always been helpful when I've called I chased it up after my interview as it felt like ages and I hadn't heard, next thing I know my offer came through x
chelseawall
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If your worried give admissions a call, they've always been helpful when I've called I chased it up after my interview as it felt like ages and I hadn't heard, next thing I know my offer came through x
I might just give it a little longer and then do that, Thanks for the advice!
mummy of 3 ❤
Rep:
?
No problem 😊 Fingers crossed for you x
Dannie0
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi mummy of 3! Hopefully I'll be seeing you in September awaiting for an offer now!
mummy of 3 ❤
Rep:
?
Exciting isn't it but scary at same time lol,I hope they don't keep you waiting too long wondering when we hear about the occ health check up etc
nelfran29
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Exciting isn't it but scary at same time lol,I hope they don't keep you waiting too long wondering when we hear about the occ health check up etc
mummy of 3 ❤ Hey, I know your thread is specifically for Southwark students, I too have applied for Adult Nursing and have an unconditional offer for LSBU and applied to the Havering Campus.

I was also wondering when we would hear about Occupational Health Screenings/Appointments and DBS for that matter. I was speaking to a nurse teacher at LSBU who explained we will be required to complete a health questionnaire which goes directly to the Occupational Health Service. We also have to take an OH form to our GP/Practice Nurse who needs to carry out screening tests and complete this in time for our OH appointment. If there are any issues in the meantime there is an OH email address you can use to voice your concerns. ([email protected])

Also, the OH forms can be downloaded and printed off from the LSBU website if this helps. Simply check out the preparing to start section of the website for your nursing course, you should find information and the forms there.
I am sure LSBU will contact all students nearer the time so not to worry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (87)
39.01%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (25)
11.21%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (15)
6.73%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (53)
23.77%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (27)
12.11%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
7.17%

Watched Threads