Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey I'm studying spanish for GCSE and I'm struggling to use tenses correctly, especially in the past tenses. Can someone tell me when to use which tense, and give examples? For example, which tense would you use to say 'Since I was a kid, I have lived in this house...' (I thought to use he vivido, but is that not for recent completed actions?)

Thanks for the help.
Kvothe the Arcane
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 7777336636688333)
Hey I'm studying spanish for GCSE and I'm struggling to use tenses correctly, especially in the past tenses. Can someone tell me when to use which tense, and give examples? For example, which tense would you use to say 'Since I was a kid, I have lived in this house...' (I thought to use he vivido, but is that not for recent completed actions?)

Thanks for the help.
You were right, I think to use the past perfect "He vivido" for that sentence as you lived in that house and continue to live there.
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 7777336636688333)

Thanks for the help.
There are several ways to phrase that, but the most common tense used when talking about the continuous present is simply the present:

"Vivo en esta casa desde niño."

You can also say:

"Llevo viviendo en esta casa desde niño."

It's much less common to use the past participle, but you do sometimes hear it:

"He vivido en esta casa desde que era niño".
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (572)
34.35%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (684)
41.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (334)
20.06%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.5%

Watched Threads