Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi.

I need some advice/help on what i should write about in my personal statment for the HND computing. I've fill out the UCAS form on the internet apart from the personal statment section.

I have started writing it in draft on paper but not sure its right. I would be really greatful if anyone could help me.

Thank you in advance

Louise
    -x-

ReputationRep:
    You need to make sure this bit is perfect cos otherwise the universities dont want to know. Put in about any voluntary work that you've done in that area cos that always impresses them, and most importantly dont lie about anything incase they interview you. It may be an idea to keep a copy of the personal statement aswell so you can read what you put if you get interviewed later on. I applied last year to Manchester Uni to do BSc in Comp Sci and got interviewed and found that the interview was based entirely on the personal statement. Use powerful words that stand out and make sure it sounds like your really keen to be accepted on to the course. I have probably pointed out the obvious but i hope it helps .

Steve

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guitar_devil)
    You need to make sure this bit is perfect cos otherwise the universities dont want to know. Put in about any voluntary work that you've done in that area cos that always impresses them, and most importantly dont lie about anything incase they interview you. It may be an idea to keep a copy of the personal statement aswell so you can read what you put if you get interviewed later on. I applied last year to Manchester Uni to do BSc in Comp Sci and got interviewed and found that the interview was based entirely on the personal statement. Use powerful words that stand out and make sure it sounds like your really keen to be accepted on to the course. I have probably pointed out the obvious but i hope it helps .

Steve

Thanks for your help Steve. I have completed the personal statement and managed to include everything that UCAS was looking for. I have a feeling the the interviews would be based on the personal statement.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 8, 2004

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.