The Student Room Group

Motivation & revision tips for gcses?! Help?!

I'm in Y11 right and I've started revising on 20th Feb. I tend to leave my revision last minute and have done so for so long (it's super bad ik :frown:), also I feel like I'm really lazy. I've lost my motivation to revise and I only revise when I'm stressed and I know that leaving all my revision to the last minute is bad. :s-smilie: I want to stop this, does anyone have any motivation tips to help me through these couple of months until my GCSE exams? :redface: I've gotten my mock results I did a month ago, with not much revision and had gotten 2 A's 3 B's, a C, 5's in English and Maths (with the new 2017 GCSE specification). :colondollar: I feel like being lazy in GCSEs won't help me, so any MOTIVATION & revision techniques that help, could you please leave them in the comments!? :smile:
listen to music
imagine results day when you'll receive the results that reflect the effort you put in.
Revise in a way that you feel like you get most things done or "enjoy" doing . I know this is what everyone says not to do but when I revise I get all my colours out and make my notes pretty . Start now because loads of people leave it until Easter then panic cos they have like a few weeks to read over two years worth of content .

Look up study inspiration posts and also keep thinking about results day and what you want to get in that brown envelope . also go to revision sessions that your school offers if they do, people I know find that they're more productive if they're in a school environment than at home with loads of distractions .

Find a friend to revise with but make sure they don't distract you. Set yourself goals on what you want to achieve rather than how long you're gonna study for . E.g. You might say you're going to revise one science topic tomorrow night. That way you'll study until you understand something .

Eat healthy and drink lots of water - have a big water bottle and a variety of fruit or snacks at your desk/your place of study and also sleep well. I know this sounds like one of the things that doesn't work but you will feel more refreshed and ready to get through each day.

Take time to relax. If you revise when you're tired you're wasting time . if you set a routine for when you study you will get used to revising at a regular time

I think the most important thing to do when it comes to revise is just do it. Just start. Otherwise you'll procrastinate .

Good luck ! Well done on your mocks though !!
Reply 4
GCSE's are not so important. Don't bother revising...
If you're anything like me, make your notes pretty. You want to be proud of your revision bc then you'll keep coming back to it. Buuut if it takes you all day to do one page, maybe you should try another way.

Spoiler

Reply 6
I am in the same position as you right now. I did quite well in my mocks and I am assuming that like you me, you are quite intelligent. The revision you do is just so you can improve your passes. My problem is that I'm not stressed enough! My brain isn't clicking into gear to tell me that I actually need to work so I can do well. However, this is all to be able to have a brilliant life. With good grades we can get good jobs (whether you know what you want to be or not) that not only pay well, but are enjoyable. I have made a poster that I keep on the wall of where ever I am working- it has my ambitions on it to help motivate me to work. It doesn't always work (I have a geography exam tomorrow and haven't learnt half the course and have been lying on my couch watching netflix all day) but when it does I work as if my life depends on it (as it sort of does)Hope this all makes sense and I hope that you and I will get out motivation back soon!

Quick Reply

Latest