The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Canadian International Students

Hi, I'm a Canadian student who just got into Imperial for bio. How does Imperial compare to a few of the more famous Canadian unis like U of T or McGill? Is it worth moving and paying international fees to go to? Also, how do Canadian internationals fit in? I've heard there are Chinese cliques but what about Canadians? I'll be a year younger since theres only 12 years of school in Canada, do you guys think that's something to be concerned about? Thanks!
Original post by thetastysloth
Hi, I'm a Canadian student who just got into Imperial for bio. How does Imperial compare to a few of the more famous Canadian unis like U of T or McGill? Is it worth moving and paying international fees to go to? Also, how do Canadian internationals fit in? I've heard there are Chinese cliques but what about Canadians? I'll be a year younger since theres only 12 years of school in Canada, do you guys think that's something to be concerned about? Thanks!

McGill and UoT have pretty good bio/bio med departments. But I would say that Imperial has the better Global Reputation. However the quality of education is going to be similar. I think what makes Imperial special is its location, reputation and opportunities in terms of research and Imperial Horizons. In terms of tuition fees, you have to decide what is important to you! All 3 universities will give you a world class education. I do not know about cliques but I am sure you will find people with similar interests. Same thing applies for people younger than you, it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Quick Reply