Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ... all for me!

If you could please list all closed-campus uni's you know of i'd be very grateful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JimpsEd)
    ... all for me!

If you could please list all closed-campus uni's you know of i'd be very grateful
    What do you mean by closed-campus? A uni that's all on one site? There's loads of them

ReputationRep:
    Closed campus? That I can think of off the top of my head (if you just mean Campus uni's as opposed to city (?) ones)

Kent
    Nottingham
    Warwick
    Bath
    York
    Durham (possibly?)
    Essex
    UEA
    Plymouth
    Exeter (I *think* for Plym and Exeter anyway)
    Leeds? Possibly, not sure
    Liverpool I think
    Manchester I think

Hope that's a bit of help =/ is best really to just flick through prospectuses and see what they say, you'll know soon enough if they are campus or not.

ReputationRep:
    Loughboroughs one and a really good uni as well.....but the town itself does lack in the entertainment part though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by innercitylife)
    Closed campus? That I can think of off the top of my head (if you just mean Campus uni's as opposed to city (?) ones)

Kent
    Nottingham
    Warwick
    Bath
    York
    Durham (possibly?)
    Essex
    UEA
    Plymouth
    Exeter (I *think* for Plym and Exeter anyway)
    Leeds? Possibly, not sure
    Liverpool I think
    Manchester I think

Hope that's a bit of help =/ is best really to just flick through prospectuses and see what they say, you'll know soon enough if they are campus or not.
    Reading, Birmingham, erm... I think you've covered most of the main ones.

ReputationRep:
    Manchester is a campus uni? But it's mixed in with all the other buildings in the centre of Manchester isn't it? How is that a campus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KR2004)
    Manchester is a campus uni? But it's mixed in with all the other buildings in the centre of Manchester isn't it? How is that a campus?
    err...its not!!

Ruthie xx

Surrey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KR2004)
    Hence my saying "I think" wasn't sure.

ReputationRep:
    Hence my saying "I think" wasn't sure.
    oh, sorry....

ReputationRep:
    Lancaster is also a campus uni.

ReputationRep:
    Southampton is a campus uni, although there are several of them dotted about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    oh, sorry....
    heh heh, no worries, wasn't directed at you or anyone really

ReputationRep:
    heh heh, no worries, wasn't directed at you or anyone really
    Probably my meddling that made you believe that.

Manchester is not a campus, but the oxford road corridor is 3 universities on a 2 mile stretch of road, with 2 hospitals, some very posh hotels, lots of restaurants, and lots and lots of student amenities. So if you walk around you just see thousands of students traversing it all day.

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool is also not a campus uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Probably my meddling that made you believe that.

Manchester is not a campus, but the oxford road corridor is 3 universities on a 2 mile stretch of road, with 2 hospitals, some very posh hotels, lots of restaurants, and lots and lots of student amenities. So if you walk around you just see thousands of students traversing it all day.
    Maybe, damn your meddling I was thinking of something to do with accommodation I reckon. Who can tell!

ReputationRep:

Plymouth

plymouth is split over various sites in south devon, it is definately not a campus uni.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2004
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.