Received conditional offer but could I defer for a year? Watch

Rose295
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello, I have received a Conditional Offer for Social Work at University of Gloucestershire to start in September and I'm so delighted but am worried I may need to defer for a year. It's not certain yet but was wondering of the possibly just in case I needed to. I've done a bit of research and read somewhere that a university (not sure which one and not sure if true!) withdrew someone because they asked about deferring and the university took it as if the applicant was unprepared or something. This of course makes me worry as i am incredibly determined to study at this university!

Would I be allowed to defer or would I have to reapply fresh for next year? If so, what is the deadline for me to do this? Would my offer be withdrawn?

Thank you!
University of Gloucestershire Official
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rose295)
Hello, I have received a Conditional Offer for Social Work at University of Gloucestershire to start in September and I'm so delighted but am worried I may need to defer for a year. It's not certain yet but was wondering of the possibly just in case I needed to. I've done a bit of research and read somewhere that a university (not sure which one and not sure if true!) withdrew someone because they asked about deferring and the university took it as if the applicant was unprepared or something. This of course makes me worry as i am incredibly determined to study at this university!

Would I be allowed to defer or would I have to reapply fresh for next year? If so, what is the deadline for me to do this? Would my offer be withdrawn?

Thank you!
Hi Rose295,

We can defer UCAS applications and if you want to do this then you will need to email the request to our Admissions team via [email protected] .

However you will still need to meet the conditions of your offer by September 2017 even if you are deferring entry.

If you have any questions, then you can contact Admissions via [email protected] or by calling +44 (0)1242 714845
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (53)
21.03%
Unconditional if firmed (20)
7.94%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
0.79%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (6)
2.38%
No unconditional offers (171)
67.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise