The Student Room Group
The University of Gloucestershire
University of Gloucestershire
Cheltenham
Visit website

Received conditional offer but could I defer for a year?

Hello, I have received a Conditional Offer for Social Work at University of Gloucestershire to start in September and I'm so delighted but am worried I may need to defer for a year. It's not certain yet but was wondering of the possibly just in case I needed to. I've done a bit of research and read somewhere that a university (not sure which one and not sure if true!) withdrew someone because they asked about deferring and the university took it as if the applicant was unprepared or something. This of course makes me worry as i am incredibly determined to study at this university!

Would I be allowed to defer or would I have to reapply fresh for next year? If so, what is the deadline for me to do this? Would my offer be withdrawn?

Thank you!
Original post by Rose295
Hello, I have received a Conditional Offer for Social Work at University of Gloucestershire to start in September and I'm so delighted but am worried I may need to defer for a year. It's not certain yet but was wondering of the possibly just in case I needed to. I've done a bit of research and read somewhere that a university (not sure which one and not sure if true!) withdrew someone because they asked about deferring and the university took it as if the applicant was unprepared or something. This of course makes me worry as i am incredibly determined to study at this university!

Would I be allowed to defer or would I have to reapply fresh for next year? If so, what is the deadline for me to do this? Would my offer be withdrawn?

Thank you!

Hi @Rose295,

We can defer UCAS applications and if you want to do this then you will need to email the request to our Admissions team via [email protected] .

However you will still need to meet the conditions of your offer by September 2017 even if you are deferring entry.

If you have any questions, then you can contact Admissions via [email protected] or by calling +44 (0)1242 714845 :h:
The University of Gloucestershire
University of Gloucestershire
Cheltenham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending