The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Asian Pacific studies UCLAN September 2017

Hi , Im going to start foundation year at Uclan and wants to pick Korean as my main language pathway . Is there anyone else with the same situation ?

Scroll to see replies

Hiya! I'm starting the course this September too, but I'm looking at the Japanese route, and then possibly doing beginners Korean. ^^ Are you doing it with the Sandwich year?
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by AvaPenguin
Hiya! I'm starting the course this September too, but I'm looking at the Japanese route, and then possibly doing beginners Korean. ^^ Are you doing it with the Sandwich year?

Hi there
Yes and I actually went for the opening day . I really looking forward to the year abroad .
Ooo the open day on the 25th? I went then :O
Reply 4
Ooo the open day on the 25th? I went then :O

Yep that one ☝️ wait which one was u? 😂
Okay so you're starting asian specific studies but can you be a bit more pacific?
Original post by tanii97
Yep that one ☝️ wait which one was u? 😂

Ahah, I missed the subject talk, I was on a tour of accommodation and didn't realize the time until it was too late ;-; I'm horrible with time keeping, haha!
Reply 7
Original post by emerald7770
Okay so you're starting asian specific studies but can you be a bit more pacific?

I don't understand. Be specific about what?

Oml you're so punny XDD
Oml you're so punny XDD

XDDD thankssssss
Original post by tanii97
I don't understand. Be specific about what?

dont u get the joke my sweet chyald
Reply 11
Ahah, I missed the subject talk, I was on a tour of accommodation and didn't realize the time until it was too late ;-; I'm horrible with time keeping, haha!

Don't worry u didn't miss much . The talk was mostly about the year abroad and how much it helps and stuff. I was looking forward to some important talks like career options but they didn't talk much about that -___-
Reply 12
dont u get the joke my sweet chyald

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 oh sorry i didn't read it completely
Original post by tanii97
Don't worry u didn't miss much . The talk was mostly about the year abroad and how much it helps and stuff. I was looking forward to some important talks like career options but they didn't talk much about that -___-

Ah! I picked up this booklet thing, from the Adelphi building, and there is a page on like Career choices, though it's not much, and there's also some brief opinions of the course's centered around Business and Languages, from previous students. I read it in the car home and it wasn't bad. I don't even know what I want to do with my life to be fair XD
Reply 14
Ah! I picked up this booklet thing, from the Adelphi building, and there is a page on like Career choices, though it's not much, and there's also some brief opinions of the course's centered around Business and Languages, from previous students. I read it in the car home and it wasn't bad. I don't even know what I want to do with my life to be fair XD

Really ? I didn't get one . I assume there are carriers related to language but if by any chance i come to regret choosing this course there should be a way out or something 🤢 Cuz im not sure what im doing and already made this course my firm So eventually there is no other options for now . I like the course and the language tho but since I have to leave London to come all the way there , this makes me to think twice about what I've done
Ah wow, London is quite a distance! I'm coming from Leeds so it's only a couple of hours down the M62 and M61, but I can't drive so I'm doomed :') I'm either gonna invest in a bike, or just rely on buses (because I'm so hopeless with trains.) I actually waited a year though, so I'll be 19 when I start, I wasted my gap year on doing nothing, and I regret it... I deferred my point of entry, since I was meant to start last September, but things were hectic and I wasn't prepared at all, so I deferred to this year. UCLan was actually my insurance choice, Leeds rejected me, because they wanted three A's. ;-; I wasn't expecting three A's to be fair, but they didn't even consider me and idek... meant I ended up with UCLan... But I was actually really impressed with it the other day, so I don't feel too bad. One of my cousins (that I haven't seen for like 10 years) does teaching..or something relating to teaching at Leeds and she said its pretty bad there... ^^ But yeah, I think the course sounds great! I feel like I'll probably end up being bottom of the class pretty quickly though XD I procrastinate so much, and I'm lazy and have horrible time keeping skills...
Original post by tanii97
Really ? I didn't get one . I assume there are carriers related to language but if by any chance i come to regret choosing this course there should be a way out or something 🤢 Cuz im not sure what im doing and already made this course my firm So eventually there is no other options for now . I like the course and the language tho but since I have to leave London to come all the way there , this makes me to think twice about what I've done

Not sure how clear this will be, my camera isn't great, but this is the page.

^^ My lighting is pretty bad too ahaha.
Reply 17
Ah wow, London is quite a distance! I'm coming from Leeds so it's only a couple of hours down the M62 and M61, but I can't drive so I'm doomed :':wink: I'm either gonna invest in a bike, or just rely on buses (because I'm so hopeless with trains.) I actually waited a year though, so I'll be 19 when I start, I wasted my gap year on doing nothing, and I regret it... I deferred my point of entry, since I was meant to start last September, but things were hectic and I wasn't prepared at all, so I deferred to this year. UCLan was actually my insurance choice, Leeds rejected me, because they wanted three A's. ;-; I wasn't expecting three A's to be fair, but they didn't even consider me and idek... meant I ended up with UCLan... But I was actually really impressed with it the other day, so I don't feel too bad. One of my cousins (that I haven't seen for like 10 years) does teaching..or something relating to teaching at Leeds and she said its pretty bad there... ^^ But yeah, I think the course sounds great! I feel like I'll probably end up being bottom of the class pretty quickly though XD I procrastinate so much, and I'm lazy and have horrible time keeping skills...

U are quite far away too
for the driving part (don't worry u not the only one , im 20 and still my mum drives me around) ... I actually applied for accommodation since I can't travel all the way from london to preston 3 days a week 😂 I didn't know leeds offer this course too . I applied for 3 more unis but it was for travel and tourism plus Chinese language ^^ but I always choos Korean over anything so when I received the offer didn't hesitate to accept it . all I want is to not regret this later
Reply 18
Not sure how clear this will be, my camera isn't great, but this is the page.

^^ My lighting is pretty bad too ahaha.

Phanx ☺️☺️☺️ It's pretty clear btw . And oh i was considering teaching English later on . Its fun and gives u a good amount of income to start with
Ahah, the one at Leeds was just languages, and not the other half that UCLan offers (which in my opinion sounds better anyway, since it's good preparation for the sandwich year, and whats the point in learning a language but knowing nothing about the area itself?) I'll be 19 when I start, and I still treat my parents like a taxi service ahaha XD And true, it's around 60 or 70 miles, so I can't just get a train there. The accommodation didn't look bad though. I applied for it on Sunday, so I'm waiting a couple of weeks before I hear back. I'm worried about budgeting so I literally applied for whatever was close to Adelphi but cheap. The tour guide we had said that building would be mostly where I'd spend my time, so I just went with the four or five closest that were cheap. (I'm going to probably go overboard and buy the cheapest stuff possible...but at least that way I'll have lots spare...) *Who am I kidding, I'll be broke in a week and spend the rest of the semester scrapping together anything I can find* And ah, I applied to Manchester, Sheffield, two courses in Leeds and UCLan. I was more interested in the Language than the other side initially, when I applied, but after mulling it over, I'm glad I got into UCLan and not just a standard language one. I'm so nervous though, even though its months away. I sent off the initial forms for Student Finance today, and even though they said the initial stages take 4 to 6 weeks to process, I'm already stressing out that I did something wrong or the forms won't deliver. O lord I'm a hopeless mess already and September...is ageees ;-;

Quick Reply

Latest