Announcements

ReputationRep:
    help

ReputationRep:
    Chip shop chips, drenched in fat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rubyslippers)
    help
    Well it depends what your daily calorie allowance is going to be for the day (which I assume you have worked out), how many calories you have already eaten and obviously what type of calories you need (carbs, protiens or fats).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xulfer)
    Chip shop chips, drenched in fat.
    oh be nice !

baked , steamed or jus plain boiled chicken with a light dressing

ir better yet .. a chicken caesar salad ... a lot of protein .. very filling .. and gives me the energy boost i need b4 i hit the gym ( eat it 3 hours b4 going to the gym if u do though )

ReputationRep:
    I am eating a king size twix as apart of my diet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I am eating a king size twix as apart of my diet.
    yum .. i could go for tht rite bout now ... havent had chocolate in ages ...

i prefer mars bars but about now n ething would be better than an energy bar

ReputationRep:
    How about a nice salad? I love iceberg lettuce! Don't make a sandwich from supermarket bought bread (eg. hovis, kingsmill) as this is full of fat and calories to make it last longer. Good luck if you're trying to lose weight! x

ReputationRep:
    My Dad is on a diet, or rather cutting down so he eats lots of Pasta, it is really low in calories, about 150 per meal!

ReputationRep:
    How about some soup?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    My Dad is on a diet, or rather cutting down so he eats lots of Pasta, it is really low in calories, about 150 per meal!
    most of the calories come from carbs in pasta i think . A nice tuna sandwich made from wholewheat ( best, nutrition wise ) bread is pretty decent too .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    most of the calories come from carbs in pasta i think . A nice tuna sandwich made from wholewheat ( best, nutrition wise ) bread is pretty decent too .
    or of course a nice steak with some vegetables could be an excellent diet lunch

ReputationRep:
    Sandwiches can contain like 300 calories and upwards, and they don't make you feel full.

****, I'm not anorexic-carlorie-counter mad... I'm just interested in nutrition .

ReputationRep:
    Jacket potato with cottage cheese?

I think it's better to have a bigger, more cabohydratey lunch and a lighter dinner (salad). Then you can work off the lunch calories in the afternoon, and probably won't be too hungry in the evening.

ReputationRep:
    Sandwiches can contain like 300 calories and upwards, and they don't make you feel full.

****, I'm not anorexic-carlorie-counter mad... I'm just interested in nutrition .
    Sandwiches make you feel full for a few hours, and if your on a diet you should be eating every 3 hours anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get what's so great about the Atkins Det. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't it involve cutting down on carbs but eating all the fatty foods you want? But I don't get that because most of the foods I like - Pasts, Pizzza, Sandwhiches, potatoes fall under carbs am I just weird?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    Sandwiches make you feel full for a few hours, and if your on a diet you should be eating every 3 hours anyway.
    Really? They wouldn't me, I'd like to have a yoghurt, crisps, fruit and some soup with that! Isn't snacking bad?

ReputationRep:

i dont think a tuna sandwich without any cheese or mayo will have tht many cals .... i dont prefer sandwiches either ... id rather put the tuna in a salad

take one multi-vitamin pill a day to make sure ur not neglecting any ting u need to b healthy , jus dont use it as a substitute for food .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus)
    I don't get what's so great about the Atkins Det. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't it involve cutting down on carbs but eating all the fatty foods you want? But I don't get that because most of the foods I like - Pasts, Pizzza, Sandwhiches, potatoes fall under carbs am I just weird?
    Well, the Atkins diet is considered great due to the ease by which you can follow it and the fact it is proven to give excellent results.

However, if your going to follow a lw carb straergy and actually get fit in the process (i.e. Cardio/weights) then Atkins isn't really the best way to go. Atkins is mainly designed for those people who are faily sendantry and just want to lose weight (even if some of it is muscle). It would be better to follow a ketosis programme where your carb intake isn't as severly restricted and also days where you can actually eat carbs...also this type of diet mointers the amount of calories you intake as well as limiting your carbs which imo is far more effective than the Atkins all you can eat protien/fat.

ReputationRep:
    Really? They wouldn't me, I'd like to have a yoghurt, crisps, fruit and some soup with that! Isn't snacking bad?
    If you eat 5-6 times a day and drink lots of water this leads to your metobolism being kicked into play - which helps with weight loss. If you diet you should spread your calories around the day rather than gorging at 1-2 meals for them - it is far more effective.

ReputationRep:
    i dont think a tuna sandwich without any cheese or mayo will have tht many cals .... i dont prefer sandwiches either ... id rather put the tuna in a salad

take one multi-vitamin pill a day to make sure ur not neglecting any ting u need to b healthy , jus dont use it as a substitute for food .
    Theres a good 250 calories in one of those little cans of tuna, and couple of slices of bread maybe 150 calories in those - so its hardly that few calories!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.