Turn on thread page Beta

best thing to eat for lunch when on diet? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    i dont think a tuna sandwich without any cheese or mayo will have tht many cals .... i dont prefer sandwiches either ... id rather put the tuna in a salad

take one multi-vitamin pill a day to make sure ur not neglecting any ting u need to b healthy , jus dont use it as a substitute for food .
    OK. Multi-Vitamin's aren't a good substitute for getting everything you need. I took them, are rubbish and had to be put on iron tablets. I am never going back to eating like that again.

Get the "You are what you eat" book, that's supposed to be good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    Theres a good 250 calories in one of those little cans of tuna, and couple of slices of bread maybe 150 calories in those - so its hardly that few calories!
    i burn it off in my 7 km runs then ... ive already lost like 10 kilos in the past 2 months and hope o keep it off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    If you eat 5-6 times a day and drink lots of water this leads to your metobolism being kicked into play - which helps with weight loss. If you diet you should spread your calories around the day rather than gorging at 1-2 meals for them - it is far more effective.
    Oh yeah, providing they are all small portions. I thought you meant big portions and then snacks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    Theres a good 250 calories in one of those little cans of tuna, and couple of slices of bread maybe 150 calories in those - so its hardly that few calories!
    actually there is about 140 ish.............

i would have a big bowl of salad, with tuna and salad creme...then some fruit for pudding and maybe a slice of french bread or something.....i find that the HUGE salad fills me up!!

ReputationRep:
    i burn it off in my 7 km runs then ... ive already lost like 10 kilos in the past 2 months and hope o keep it off
    1.25kilos a week...I would say thats slightly quick to lose weight at, I imagine you lost water/muscle during the last 2months also. You really should aim to lose about 2lbs a week maximum (0.9kg or so)

(Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    actually there is about 140 ish.............

i would have a big bowl of salad, with tuna and salad creme...then some fruit for pudding and maybe a slice of french bread or something.....i find that the HUGE salad fills me up!!
    140 heh...doesn't say that on my can of tuna I'm talking about 130g's of the stuff which is probably the right amount to eat to fill you up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    1.25kilos a week...I would say thats slightly quick to lose weight at, I imagine you lost water/muscle during the last 2months also. You really should aim to lose about 2lbs a week maximum (0.9kg or so)
    i used to be overwieght .. heavier ppl burn calories faster so when i started excercising i lost a bunch of weight pretty fast ... and i excercise daily too ..

btw .. i get Low cal tuna from the market ...

ReputationRep:
    i used to be overwieght .. heavier ppl burn calories faster so when i started excercising i lost a bunch of weight pretty fast ... and i excercise daily too ..

btw .. i get Low cal tuna from the market ...
    urgh...that stuff tastes horrible

Ah right, to be expected then, especially with water rentention etc. Same things happened to me when I first started to lose from being overweight I lost sorta 3kg a week at some points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    urgh...that stuff tastes horrible

Ah right, to be expected then, especially with water rentention etc. Same things happened to me when I first started to lose from being overweight I lost sorta 3kg a week at some points.
    drinking lots of water helps a lot too ... whenever u feel hungry but is not mealtime chug down a glass of water or a glass of cool skimmed milk ... tht will make u lose ur appetite at least until meal time

Pitta bread instead of regular sliced bread as it has a lower GI rating and is better for you..i have just eaten 2 pittas filled with tuna and salad. Yum!!

ReputationRep:
    Celery. Negative calories

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rubyslippers)
    help
    Lettuce - its impossible to get fat off that unless you get it from Mc.Donalds where they seem to have given it calories (remember its almost entirly water).

pork

ReputationRep:
    I really like celery! i tend to have a chicken salad sandwich (wholemeal) without butter or mayo...in fact..judst bread chicken and lettuce/tomatoe/cucumber....i hate spreads on my bread...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    LOL. My mum is on a diet and has this big 1000 calorie counted cook books and has lists of what calories things have in on the doors of the corresponding cupboards. I can't eat anything without her telling me how much is in it.

Apparently parsnip is negative calories too - don't know if I believe that!

edit: anyway, I usually have a salad with balsamic vinegar and a few mozarella balls to stop me from going mad with all the leaves.

ReputationRep:
    if yuo like your veggies then just boil a pile of them, and eat them alongside a bit of ow fat cottage cheese- fills me up easily. or a jacket spud with cottage cheese. or a salad without the dressing

(Original post by priya)
    if yuo like your veggies then just boil a pile of them, and eat them alongside a bit of ow fat cottage cheese- fills me up easily. or a jacket spud with cottage cheese. or a salad without the dressing
    that is what my dad has planned for me for dinner tonight. Millions of vegetables ( i have a wedding to go to in a week so i want to loose a couple of pounds so i thought eating better would aid all those trips to the gym i make..however i am going away to a place where the speciality is cardboard food next week. oh the delights of those centers that do team building for schools and stuff..i just thank god that my trip doesnt involve that aswell)

ReputationRep:
    So many meals mentioned that sound really nice....so why have i just eaten a bowl of rice pudding? I crave sugar too much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    I've heard that if you eat enough celery it has a halucueninenunegeninic effect on you. I don't know how much you have to eat though. I don' think I'd like to try.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus)
    I've heard that if you eat enough celery it has a halucueninenunegeninic effect on you. I don't know how much you have to eat though. I don' think I'd like to try.
    id definitely wanna try :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Tuna sandwiches! I've had a dozen over these last two weeks.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.