i am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToxicskillerHD)
    who is doing this course in Canterbury

Human Biology with foundation year 👍🏻

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing human biology but I'm 26 I feel so old

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Plant science with a foundation year, I'm 21 and even I feel old looking at the comments on this site.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Plant science with foundation

But I'm only 42 so I actually get to feel old legitimately lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WW2PD)
    I'm doing Plant science with foundation

But I'm only 42 so I actually get to feel old legitimately lol
    sounds like there will be a good mix then, I was worried looking at all the freshers stuff on facebook that I wasn't 'fresh' enough..

ReputationRep:
    I'm not so worried about everyone else, I'm sure there'll be a good mix of folk, but as the start date gets closer I'm worrying about my crappy maths. If anyone's strong on physics I will be your new best mate ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WW2PD)
    I'm not so worried about everyone else, I'm sure there'll be a good mix of folk, but as the start date gets closer I'm worrying about my crappy maths. If anyone's strong on physics I will be your new best mate ...
    Are you saying youre bad at physics? Or you wanna trade maths knowledge for physics knowledge?

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to retake the year as im currently revising for physics resits and it looks like it's written in a foreign language.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trixxi666)
    Are you saying youre bad at physics? Or you wanna trade maths knowledge for physics knowledge?

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to retake the year as im currently revising for physics resits and it looks like it's written in a foreign language.
    I've been revisiting gcse and some alevel maths and I'm ok there, I think my maths will be mediocre but passable but physics seems to be maths on meth. I am really worried but I'm hoping I can find some way to scrape through

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WW2PD)
    I've been revisiting gcse and some alevel maths and I'm ok there, I think my maths will be mediocre but passable but physics seems to be maths on meth. I am really worried but I'm hoping I can find some way to scrape through
    turn up to every lecture. Also, yoyr assignment which is a series of questions is 70% of your grade for physics, get an A on the questions and you can fail the exam and still pass the module.

You get like a few months to do the assignment so youll be okay. I promise i wont be as hard as you think it will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trixxi666)
    turn up to every lecture. Also, yoyr assignment which is a series of questions is 70% of your grade for physics, get an A on the questions and you can fail the exam and still pass the module.

You get like a few months to do the assignment so youll be okay. I promise i wont be as hard as you think it will
    Thank you so much! You've really put my mind at rest, I can calm down a bit now and stop fretting so much - I just can't wait to get started!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

It's great to see so many of you excited to start in September with us here at Canterbury Christ Church University, we cannot wait to meet you and welcome you onto our exciting courses. Our Science Foundation Year is taught in a supportive, friendly and encouraging environment, you will study the basic theoretical principles of the biological and physical sciences and gain extensive practical experience in fieldwork and the laboratory. Our lecturers are on hand to help support you through your learning and there is a great network of support through the CCCU Students Union with Science Society, Environmental Society and many more which attract students from every walk of life. The Science Foundation Year is considered to be the first year of a four year programme of study leading to one of the science degrees offered at Canterbury Christ Church University. Science courses include Biosciences, Environmental Science, Environmental Biology, Integrated Science, Animal Science, Plant Science and Ecology and Conservation.

We can't wait to see all of you soon and welcome you to our University.

The Student Recruitment Team

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.