The Student Room Group

How to study for AS English Literature

Hi guys,
I'm currently in year 12 doing AQA English literature A.
I want to get an A but I'm struggling on how to revise for it. Any advise on how I can achieve this and what I need to do to improve my grade?
My play is Othello , books are Wuthering Heights and Atonement and poems are Love throughout the Ages pre -1900
Any help is appreciated,
Thanks 😁
Hi,

Memorise quotes! No matter if you have the books with you in the exam, memorising quotes is key as you can remember them and have much more time to write your actual answers. Also, planning practise essays is good too and even writing them as well. Make sure you know what AOs are assessed for each essay as they often change depending on the form of the texts.

Knowing some key themes is good too, and knowing quotes or key pages that link to those is good also!

Learning all the different devices is key too as there are so many new ones at A-Level to learn.

I wouldn't stress too much about your grade this year as generally a trend is that most people don't do brilliantly at AS but essay writing improves into A2.

Good luck in getting your A!
Reply 2
Original post by bunchofrosies
Hi,

Memorise quotes! No matter if you have the books with you in the exam, memorising quotes is key as you can remember them and have much more time to write your actual answers. Also, planning practise essays is good too and even writing them as well. Make sure you know what AOs are assessed for each essay as they often change depending on the form of the texts.

Knowing some key themes is good too, and knowing quotes or key pages that link to those is good also!

Learning all the different devices is key too as there are so many new ones at A-Level to learn.

I wouldn't stress too much about your grade this year as generally a trend is that most people don't do brilliantly at AS but essay writing improves into A2.

Good luck in getting your A!

THANK YOUUU😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kaffeka
THANK YOUUU😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're very welcome! Good luck!
Original post by kaffeka
Hi guys,
My play is Othello , books are Wuthering Heights and Atonement and poems are Love throughout the Ages pre -1900
Any help is appreciated,
Thanks 😁

You can simply check out MavenWriters for help. They happen to specialize on this discipline, and especially this particular topic

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending