Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey People,

Are you superstitious, what are you superstitious about in terms of bringing you good or bad luck?

Are there things you do or have e.g not walk under ladders or on cracks, do you have a lucky charm?

Do you read your starsign (everyday), tarot cards, palm reading. Have you ever been to see a Psychic?

Or are superstitions a load of rubbish?!

ReputationRep:
    i think starsigns are a load of rubbish, but i like reading them :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    pffft .... utter rubbish , i could walk under a ladder , cross a path with a black cat on friday the 13th and it wouldnt bother me .

ReputationRep:
    we've had the most ridiculous amounts of phone calls into the office today, very uncharacterisitc for the end of the week.

maybe it's friday 13th.

and a lot of rain outside. but that's normal in England

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    pffft .... utter rubbish , i could walk under a ladder , cross a path with a black cat on friday the 13th and it wouldnt bother me .
    hehe, i remember i had a french teacher that used to be like that, except she really thought something would happen to her. one time it was fri 13th and she walked under a ladder and she was so fidgety the whole day that she fell down some steps! it was so funny and she kept saying it was superstitious and would jump a foot everytime someone said BOO behind her

ReputationRep:
    Its my dads birthday today, he is 4*13 on Friday the 13th.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not superstitious....

Then again, I was born on Thurs 13th Feb in '86 and my sis was also born on the 13th Feb in '90. I've had birthdays on Friday 13th Feb before (my 18th this year) and nothing has happened.

i am not at all superstitious, however i don't go out of my way to walk under ladders or anything like that. I have a friend who likes to stand in our drama studio and say macbeth because it really gets to my drama teacher who is the most superstitious person i know. That may have something to do with the fact that everything he works on Macbeth something bad happens like the theatre burns down!! Anyway my friend really looked forward to our lesson last friday 13th..

nothing bad happens to anyone i know on friday 13th. Maybe it is a lucky day really?

ReputationRep:
    im superstitous i
    dont walk under ladder
    say macbeth
    wistle on stage
    ect
    yes i read the cards

(Original post by angel D)
    im superstitous i
    dont walk under ladder
    say macbeth
    wistle on stage
    ect
    yes i read the cards
    atleast with macbeth there is the swearing/spitting to act as a remedy if people do say it

ReputationRep:
    My nan is the most superstitious person I know and she had all four of her children on Friday 13ths. Hehehe.

ReputationRep:
    i love friday the 13th being born on the 13th of Nov it's always been a great day for me (no i was born on a wednesday before you ask) however i was 13 on friday the 13th...nothing went wrong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    I have a long train ride today, and it's Friday 13th. I'm quite worried now, I even have to go on London Underground.
    if you have any problems, its because you'll be on the underground not because it's friday the 13th!!

ReputationRep:
    You're worrying me now.
    You're dead matey!

ReputationRep:
    I hate people who say Macbeth on stage :mad:
    People just do it to annoy me now. When it comes to my acting I'm very superstitious, although I don't do the not wearing green, because my lucky socks are green and I wear them on stage if I can.

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, I'm offskis until next wednesday, if I'm not here by next Wednesday, you know why.

Adios.
    See ya. Have a good one.

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, I'm offskis until next wednesday, if I'm not here by next Wednesday, you know why.

Adios.
    {huggles Invissy} Byesie! Missing you! {hugs}

ReputationRep:
    It didn't even register that it was friday the 13th until I saw this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moncal)
    It didn't even register that it was friday the 13th until I saw this thread.
    ahh and yet another blissfully ignorant soul is sent crashing down to earth. ah wel long as you're not superstitious

ReputationRep:
    Are you superstitious, what are you superstitious about in terms of bringing you good or bad luck? I am a bit superstitious but guess life is what you make it. My dad was randomly very ill today (Friday 13th!!) and has had to miss work and he never ever does that, i can only remember one other time he has!

Are there things you do or have e.g not walk under ladders or on cracks, do you have a lucky charm? Yeah i am careful about those things though i dont know why! I have many lucky charms...does no harm to believe something is protecting you!

Do you read your starsign (everyday), tarot cards, palm reading. Have you ever been to see a Psychic? Nope to any. Though my mum went to one once and everything she told her was true. She told my mum she was pregnant with me and mum tld her she wasnt...as it turns out she was!!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.