The Student Room Group

Trump administration removes protection for transgender kids

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Firstly the act of believing you are another sex is a mental illness.

Something like that for a kid is ridiculous and if you are a kid and you believe your another gender you are seriously ill. There is no scientific basis for one person being another gender. My advice is if you want to use the bathroom go in the disabled toilet or the one of your birth, tax payer should not be penalized for your stupid decisions.

Do you consider privately owned places as "public facilities"? If so then its up to the owner what their policy is, if they want one bathroom or none its their choice in my view.
Original post by PolPot
Firstly the act of believing you are another sex is a mental illness.

And as that isn't what transgender people believe, that's irrelevant.

Something like that for a kid is ridiculous and if you are a kid and you believe your another gender you are seriously ill.

Yes, gender dysphoria is a disorder. And the general consensus is that the best treatment for it is to support their transition to expressing as the gender they identify with.

There is no scientific basis for one person being another gender.

No, because that doesn't make any logical sense. You can't be "another gender" from the one you identify as because your gender is what you identify as.

My advice is if you want to use the bathroom go in the disabled toilet or the one of your birth, tax payer should not be penalized for your stupid decisions.

In what way is "the taxpayer" being penalised by trans people using the toilet of the gender they identify as?

Do you consider privately owned places as "public facilities"?

Er, we're talking about state schools here....

Quick Reply