The Student Room Group

My boyfriend is leaving and I can't help but get upset about it

He is leaving for his new job in a week and I am in tears (I know I'm so sad). I'll just miss him so much, we've worked together for years and only recently got in a relationship. I'm happy he is progressing and glad he's moving on. I'm just finding it hard to process right now. I'm not even sure when I'll get to see him since our schedules will clash again (sigh). I'm just venting here.
Reply 1
Maybe its time for you to focus on your career and move up too? :smile:
Original post by mervin101
Maybe its time for you to focus on your career and move up too? :smile:

To be honest I don't feel like it's my time right now. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do with my life.
Reply 3
Original post by phunky_fresh
To be honest I don't feel like it's my time right now. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do with my life.

And theres nothing wrong with that
However a relationship isnt the most important thing in the world. You need to be independant and focus on yourself and maybe him leaving is just what you need because you're already unsure so maybe its time to practically explore your options
Reply 4
It's only natural to feel the way you do about it so don't be too hard on yourself. :smile: Change always takes time getting used to, but things will start to feel up again bit by bit.
Original post by mervin101
And theres nothing wrong with that
However a relationship isnt the most important thing in the world. You need to be independant and focus on yourself and maybe him leaving is just what you need because you're already unsure so maybe its time to practically explore your options

Thank you. I know. I actually thought that now I might be more focused at work now he's gone and I have no distractions.
Original post by miser
It's only natural to feel the way you do about it so don't be too hard on yourself. :smile: Change always takes time getting used to, but things will start to feel up again bit by bit.

Thank you, my boyfriend must have thought I was a right nutter crying down the phone at 3am. I feel like I'll be fine once I get back to work and get into the swing of things without him there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending