The Student Room Group

crushing on a girl with a boyfriend

Quite long story which I won't go into now but I am crushing on a girl I work with, I know she has a boyfriend and I'm not the kind of person that would even attempt to mess that up.

Does anyone have any advise on how to deal with this other than "just try to forget her" or "move on"

Thanks for any help:smile:
Original post by Tom3198
Quite long story which I won't go into now but I am crushing on a girl I work with, I know she has a boyfriend and I'm not the kind of person that would even attempt to mess that up.

Does anyone have any advise on how to deal with this other than "just try to forget her" or "move on"

All you can do is just be friends, the only other alternative would be to ignore her.
Reply 2
Forget her and move on.

There's a reason why you specifically sought to ignore those two options; because it's not what you want to hear but is actually the only real course of action.
Challenge him to an honourable duel, where the winner takes the fair maiden.

Spoiler

How would you feel if someone else hit on your girlfriend, How would you feel if someone else disrupted your relationship?

I would move on, because there might be a much more suitable person out there for you :smile:
Have a **** before work everyday. You'll be less distracted
If you can't just be friends, if it's too difficult or hurts too much, then keep a distance. Be civil and kind but avoid having too much contact until you get over her.
Reply 7
Mount a ceaseless campaign to impress her and win her over. Dating is a competitive law of the jungle type activity and who dares wins.
Reply 8
Original post by Tom3198

Horrible situation, been there. you could talk to her and get to know her (you might find you don't actually like her after getting to know her).
Reply 9
Some girls are special and worth fighting for, if she is one of those then win her over. If she isn't then don't waste your time on her because there are plenty of single girls out there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending