Turn on thread page Beta

which laptop to buy? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am buying a laptop for myself.

My grandparents were supposed to be putting £200 toward one for successfully passing all my GCSEs however my granddad express his unhappiness about it "She already has a computer why does she need a laptop" and "She's so small and if people see her with a laptop - she'll be easy prey!".

So I have been asked very kindly by my parents to chose something else to put this money towards. So I am going to buy a gold bracelet and turn it into a musical charm bracelet with stuff like musical notes, treble clef and stuff..

As for the Laptop, I'll use my part time job wages. This week (My working week starts on Friday) I will work 32 hours, but I have already put in 4 hours more than I should have - I worked a 8 hour shift on Saturday instead of a 6 and yesterday I worked a 10 hour shift instead of 8.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)
    I am buying a laptop for myself.

My grandparents were supposed to be putting £200 toward one for successfully passing all my GCSEs however my granddad express his unhappiness about it "She already has a computer why does she need a laptop" and "She's so small and if people see her with a laptop - she'll be easy prey!".

So I have been asked very kindly by my parents to chose something else to put this money towards. So I am going to buy a gold bracelet and turn it into a musical charm bracelet with stuff like musical notes, treble clef and stuff..

As for the Laptop, I'll use my part time job wages. This week (My working week starts on Friday) I will work 32 hours, but I have already put in 4 hours more than I should have - I worked a 8 hour shift on Saturday instead of a 6 and yesterday I worked a 10 hour shift instead of 8.
    Im getting the government to pay for mine from an opportunity bursary hehehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    :eek: Can I have one, please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Surfing Hamster)
    :eek: Can I have one, please?
    yes if your parents earn under 21K a year and you go/went to 6th form college in an inner city zone.

Talking of whats so good about a 1.5ghz centrino - dont be fooled by the 1.5, in reality it seems they equivalent to about 2 - 2.2ghz p4 in performance and also extend battery life.

(Original post by elpaw)
    Beggar boy

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.