Was the agency guy messing me around? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I recieved an email from an agency guy and also a text from him stating I would be a good fit for a developer role so I should phone him back.

I phoned him and he wanted to know what my skills were, fair enough so I went it details about it.

He then said "do you have a right to work in the UK" I said "yes" to which he replied "that's always good".

He then told how long do you want the notice, I said 4 days notice and he said with a dead pan voice "4 days is a lot of notice" and I said as soon as possible then.

Then he said he's going to send me an email and he needs a reply in a couple of hours or so and so. Which I thought was pressing it.

He then sent an email with a smiley face saying it was great to talk to me and if I'm happy with everything I should send an email back stating I happy to be represented by the agency and forward my CV to the company.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
Maybe he was?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
Bump

He's called me twice just now and text he's got some important news on the role.

If he keeps ringing me this is harassment.
Laomedeia
Badges: 21
Report 2 years ago
What a strange thread
username2769500
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Of course he's not messing you about.
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ofc it's strange when OP forgets his or her password
Judge Jules
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I recieved an email from an agency guy and also a text from him stating I would be a good fit for a developer role so I should phone him back.

I phoned him and he wanted to know what my skills were, fair enough so I went it details about it.

He then said "do you have a right to work in the UK" I said "yes" to which he replied "that's always good".

He then told how long do you want the notice, I said 4 days notice and he said with a dead pan voice "4 days is a lot of notice" and I said as soon as possible then.

Then he said he's going to send me an email and he needs a reply in a couple of hours or so and so. Which I thought was pressing it.

He then sent an email with a smiley face saying it was great to talk to me and if I'm happy with everything I should send an email back stating I happy to be represented by the agency and forward my CV to the company.

I don't see what the problem is, just send your CV then call him back
And if he does not call you once a week to let you know about any jobs you have to call him once a week because most people give up on agencies for the smallest reasons and just because they don't ring them every week
Zarek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sounds like typical crappy agency modus operandi. What's a deleloper role? Perhaps you can find a better recruiter.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.74%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.68%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.25%
It might lead to more bullying (131)
38.42%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.91%

Watched Threads