The Student Room Group

Commonwealth shared scholarship 2017

HHello Guys, please I want to know if a conditional admission means any good news. I mean the chance to win the Commonwealth shared scholarship Most of the admission offers I got are conditional. The condition is English language test ( my preparation to take the test is in earnest though ) only one is an academic reference. Your ideas would be highly appreciated. Thank you all.
Having a conditional offer from the uni doesn't mean that you have got the scholarship. As the website says you will be put forward by the uni as one of their candidates provided you meet the uni conditions and if you're eligible you will be informed about the scholarship.
Reply 2
Thank youAley
I understand the process and each stage of the scholarship. But my question is would they nominate and send the application of a qualify applicant with a conditional offer to the CSC?

In other words, can a conditional offer be nominated for Commonwealth shared scholarship.
Reply 3
Original post by Sirmicholo
Thank youAley
I understand the process and each stage of the scholarship. But my question is would they nominate and send the application of a qualify applicant with a conditional offer to the CSC?

In other words, can a conditional offer be nominated for Commonwealth shared scholarship.

Actually, for your own good, you must meet all conditions on your offer. Some Universities state unequivocally that you must hold an unconditional offer before you can be nominated. An example is Keele. As you mentioned English Language requirement, my advice is that you should shoot the University an email requesting what other options you have asides the recognised IELTS et. al. Sometimes, it can be just a letter from your registrar confirming that your Undergraduate studies was solely instructed in English.

Try getting unconditional offer before applying to the CSC or beofre the deadline for applications.

Regards
Reply 4
Original post by oropo
Actually, for your own good, you must meet all conditions on your offer. Some Universities state unequivocally that you must hold an unconditional offer before you can be nominated. An example is Keele. As you mentioned English Language requirement, my advice is that you should shoot the University an email requesting what other options you have asides the recognised IELTS et. al. Sometimes, it can be just a letter from your registrar confirming that your Undergraduate studies was solely instructed in English.

Try getting unconditional offer before applying to the CSC or beofre the deadline for applications.

Regards

Thank you so much for your advice. I will surely send the email to the universities today and I hope my conditional offers could be upgraded before the nomination deadline.
HHello Guys, please I want to know if a conditional admission means any good news. I mean the chance to win the Commonwealth shared scholarship Most of the admission offers I got are conditional. The condition is English language test ( my preparation to take the test is in earnest though ) only one is an academic reference. Your ideas would be highly appreciated. Thank you all.

Hey, you sound fine to me. There's another discussion thread here about the 2017 round of scholarships that more people seem to follow... Try going there for advice.
Reply 6
Original post by Kaylakadeen
Hey, you sound fine to me. There's another discussion thread here about the 2017 round of scholarships that more people seem to follow... Try going there for advice.

Hello Kaylakadeen, could you be more specific about the name of the thread because I have not been able to get to it.

Thanks in anticipation
It has the same name as this one... Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2017, I googled it and it came up.
Reply 8
Original post by Kaylakadeen
It has the same name as this one... Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2017, I googled it and it came up.

Please could you please give us the link here? here I the group your talking about. Thank you.
Please could you please give us the link here? here I the group your talking about. Thank you.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4436134

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending