michael10101
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Confused!!!
I wont get in to the unis I want this year, but with a gap year I am thinking of retaking all modules (Maths, History, and Economics ones) or maybe just 2 modules. Should I do these in a gap year, or just retake A2?

opinions please
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by michael10101)
Confused!!!
I wont get in to the unis I want this year, but with a gap year I am thinking of retaking all modules (Maths, History, and Economics ones) or maybe just 2 modules. Should I do these in a gap year, or just retake A2?

opinions please
Gap year would mean that you don't have classes for them and are off doing other things - have you got ideas of stuff you want to do? You also have to self study, are you prepared for this?
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you're in England then you can't re-sit just a module of Economics or History, you'd have to re-sit all the exams (you can carry forward the History NEA) for the full A level. You can pick and choose for Maths.
michael10101
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Compost)
If you're in England then you can't re-sit just a module of Economics or Maths, you'd have to re-sit all the exams (you can carry forward the History NEA) for the full A level. You can pick and choose for Maths.
So I would have to take all modules of Maths and Econ? And what do you mean in regards to History? Whats a NEA?
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by michael10101)
So I would have to take all modules of Maths and Econ? And what do you mean in regards to History? Whats a NEA?
Sorry, my typo. You'd have to re-sit all the exams for Economics or History but for Maths, as it is unreformed, you could pick and choose units to re-sit and your better attempt at each unit would be the one that counted. For History and Economics, the grade you are awarded would be based on all the exams you take in that year and so could be worse than the grade you have previously been awarded.

NEA (Non-examination Assessment) is the formal name for what you probably call coursework. You could carry the mark for that forward if you re-sat all the exams.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (39)
27.86%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (12)
8.57%
No I am happy with my choice (79)
56.43%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (10)
7.14%

Watched Threads