Rob1999
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi all,

I am hoping to start University in September 2017. However, I am really undecided as to which university I should make as my firm choice overall.

On one hand, KCL requires AAA, but has a good reputation, London based and offers opportunities to study abroad.

On the other hand, Leeds requires ABB for Law (though the Access scheme), but would require me to complete an access to Leeds module. If the module is unsuccessful the entry grades will be AAA.

I had originally planned to make Leeds my firm choice for the ABB grades, to be on the safe side and King's as my insurance. The method being, if I get AAA in my exams, I would just choose King's. However, from researching I don't think this is how it works.

My predicted grades for A2 are 4 A*

I welcome your advice

R.
KatieHHH
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rob1999)
Hi all,

I am hoping to start University in September 2017. However, I am really undecided as to which university I should make as my firm choice overall.

On one hand, KCL requires AAA, but has a good reputation, London based and offers opportunities to study abroad.

On the other hand, Leeds requires ABB for Law (though the Access scheme), but would require me to complete an access to Leeds module. If the module is unsuccessful the entry grades will be AAA.

I had originally planned to make Leeds my firm choice for the ABB grades, to be on the safe side and King's as my insurance. The method being, if I get AAA in my exams, I would just choose King's. However, from researching I don't think this is how it works.

My predicted grades for A2 are 4 A*

I welcome your advice

R.
Sorry to be of no help whatsoever but I'm in such a similar situation!!! Got an offer of ABB for Law in Leeds through access, was on the verge of firming Leeds when my Kings rejection came through, but instead I recieved an offer from Kings last night for Law! In such a predicament now, London would be insane and easier to travel back to Wales but sooo expensive:cry:
NotKidding
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you're really predicted 4A* I really don't see how AAA would be an issue. Also don't understand why you'd even consider ABB courses if you truly are predicted those grades.
Rob1999
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi NotKidding, Thanks for your responses! The official grades for Leeds are AAA (However they reduced this offer to ABB for the Access to Leeds module because I am the first in my family to go to University).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (89)
26.73%
England (110)
33.03%
Belgium (27)
8.11%
Germany (39)
11.71%
Spain (7)
2.1%