The Student Room Group

Too late to revise?

Im in year 12 atm. I am doing ****. I am getting C's in current tests in my 4 a levels which are history, politics, economics and computer science. I am in year 12 atm. Got politics AS' coming up in a few months and obviously my big exams next year.

Im honestly getting worried. I have only just found motivation to work really hard to get good grades. Am i too late? We have a 3 year sixth form and I threw away year 11. I essentially have 1 and a half years to revise 4 a levels I am really far behind in and a few months to revise for AS' i am also failing in.

How much should I do a day? I have gone into complete panic mode. Should i drop a subject? Idk what to do honestly.
(edited 7 years ago)
Not too late at all. Everyone works differently and some people have shorter term memories than others.
Reply 2
Original post by 12345Carrot
Im in year 12 atm. I am doing ****. I am getting C's in current tests in my 4 a levels which are history, politics, economics and computer science. I am in year 12 atm. Got politics AS' coming up in a few months and obviously my big exams next year.

Im honestly getting worried. I have only just found motivation to work really hard to get good grades. Am i too late? We have a 3 year sixth form and I threw away year 11. I essentially have 1 and a half years to revise 4 a levels I am really far behind in and a few months to revise for AS' i am also failing in.

How much should I do a day? I have gone into complete panic mode. Should i drop a subject? Idk what to do honestly.

same here i also have exams after few months
Reply 3
Original post by beautifulbigmacs
Not too late at all. Everyone works differently and some people have shorter term memories than others.

What revision techniques would you recommend for someone with a short term memory?

Also how long do you reckon I should revise daily?
Condense revision into memorable bullet points.

It's not about how long you revise for but how effective your revision is.

That's what works for me but everyone is different.
i started today and i only do 2 as levels atm i would recommend dropping one if it gets to too much but now honestly i think its to late to drop, but go ahead if you really have to. as for how much i learned this thing called the 8 hour rule , sleep for 8 hours , 8 hours revision and school work , if u got 3 hours of class one day make sure to do 5 hours of revision and the remaining 8 do whatever u want

Quick Reply

Latest