Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Apna Urdu Thread!!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IHavePMS)
    Hehe, I haven't been in ages so I have kind of forgotten what it's like. I get the chance to go quite often, but I don't take it...for some reason it makes me feel claustrophobic. But I take pride in my culture.
    yeah....main to kehti houn kay sab say zaroori yeh hai ke insaan jahan par bhi rahay apnay culture aur tehzeeb ko kabhi na bhoolay...
    I was born and have spent all my life here, magar main koshish karti houn to keep close to my culture ...though it can be difficult at times...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose in Bloom)
    yeah....main to kehti houn kay sab say zaroori yeh hai ke insaan jahan par bhi rahay apnay culture aur tehzeeb ko kabhi na bhoolay...
    I was born and have spent all my life here, magar main koshish karti houn to keep close to my culture ...though it can be difficult at times...
    Same here. Born and bred welsh...and true, it is difficult as it works against you sometimes, especially here, but nothing's easy nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    Bilkool sai kairo ho app sub. Assa muluk mai rai kur kubhi nai apna culture or religion ko bhool na chaiye, warna ghalat rustai phur zuroor lag jao gai!

My 2 p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adil Bhai)
    Bilkool sai kairo ho app sub. Assa muluk mai rai kur kubhi nai apna culture or religion ko bhool na chaiye, warna ghalat rustai phur zuroor lag jao gai!

My 2 p
    Exactly..aajkal ki dunya main its very difficult to live life the way u want...so u shud be proud if u even achieve a bit of it...

waisay,....what do u ppl do on 14th aug if u rn't in Pakistan?...main apni dostoun ko mubarak baad deti houn and listen to some patriotic songs to feel my country spirit..thats all...

ReputationRep:
    Acha humsaathiyo...
    Main soonay ja rahi houn...agar koi baad mein is thread ko paray...us ko meri taraf say azaadi mubarak

Khuda Hafiz!
    Rose xxx

ReputationRep:
    Im not from pak, born and bred here. I can speak urdu, but dnt tlk alot of it. Personally i dont see what the fuss is about Pakistan. Quite frankly, the country is bolloxs. My parents are from there, and i make it quite clear to them what i think of it. Its a country, only good to those with money. All the poor people starve with inaquate treatment and bent polititioners. What is there to be proud off? No offence intended, just my view

*edit* i removed the last line as it wasnt too nice! (i get a little heated)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badboy killa)
    Im not from pak, born and bred here. I can speak urdu, but dnt tlk alot of it. Personally i dont see what the fuss is about Pakistan. Quite frankly, the country is bolloxs. My parents are from there, and i make it quite clear to them what i think of it. Its a country, only good to those with money. All the poor people starve with inaquate treatment and bent polititioners. What is there to be proud off? So f**k pakistan and its independace day. No offence intended, just my view
    Oh yeah, so you go ahead and say the country is crap and the people are crap and that they have nothing to be proud of.. But no offence guys.. yeah right is all I can say. You cant say all that and say no offence at the end!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Oh yeah, so you go ahead and say the country is crap and the people are crap and that they have nothing to be proud of.. But no offence guys.. yeah right is all I can say. You cant say all that and say no offence at the end!

Im not talking about the people who live in that country. But have you ever been there? People are starving on the streets! What kind of a country lets its people be like that? The only reason anyone from here likes that country is because we have the money to do so, and i dont feel that that is something to be particularly proud off or celebrate. Its paralel to a rich mans club.

*edit* i suppose i should be a little more specific, this is fault of the bent government obviously, who continue to rape their own country and people.

ReputationRep:
    Im not talking about the people who live in that country. But have you ever been there? People are starving on the streets! What kind of a country lets its people be like that? The only reason anyone from here likes that country is because we have the money to do so, and i dont feel that that is something to be particularly proud off or celebrate. Its paralel to a rich mans club.
    Dude, youre missing my point! It was the way you said it!

I dont care about what you think, all I know is that these people are proud and feel they want to celebrate, and this thread is full of priase then you come in diss everything and then put a "no offence" by the way, on the end of it. Of course people are going to be offended! You think they arent? Honestly...

ReputationRep:
    I have not dissed anyone in this thread, merely expressed my view that i don't see what is to be celebrated and then explained. What is wrong with that?

ReputationRep:
    no but you had a crack at what they were proud of, thats dissing mate. And I dont have a problem with you bloody view ok! get that through your head! Its that you expected them not to get offended when clearly they are!

Thick as a brick, I swear!

ReputationRep:
    no but you had a crack at what they were proud of, thats dissing mate. And I dont have a problem with you bloody view ok! get that through your head!
    Thick as a brick, I swear!
    I'm not having " a crack" at anything actually. I coudnt give a toss about what you thought of my view, if they get offended by it, im sure they could post.

Its that you expected them not to get offended when clearly they are!
    No one has CLEARLY posted so far?

Not everything is rose coloured, you need to wise up my friend.

BDW the point of writing no offence intended, was to put across that i did not MEAN TO CAUSE offence, a discussion would have been nice.

ReputationRep:
    They havent posted yet becuase they are not online.

Careful mate, im in a bad mood and I can hit that rep button at any time.

ReputationRep:
    If that'l make you feel better then please do so I've posted my view and if anyone who this acutally applies to wants to talk about it with me then fine, they can do so. And i'd actually like to discuss it. I was a little harsh on the end of my first post so i'l take that off but apart from that i dont see anything wrong. Maybe you need to get out, put your self in a better mood

ReputationRep:
    If that'l make you feel better then please do so I've posted my view and if anyone who this acutally applies to wants to talk about it with me then fine, they can do so. And i'd actually like to discuss it. I was a little harsh on the end of my first post so i'l take that off but apart from that i dont see anything wrong. Maybe you need to get out, put your self in a better mood
    :rolleyes: salaam

ReputationRep:
    Assalam O' alaikum ppl!!!!

Kal 14th august hai to mera dil chaha ke apna urdu thread start karoun!!...partioism!!

PAKISTAN ZINDABAD!!!...HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!

Also..yahan par bahut saray urdu speaking loug hain and it will be great fun!..
    Koi hamari baat samaj nahi sakay ga...

Jahsne azaadi mubarak from my side in advance to all hum watanoun...

(meri urdu kuch khaas nahi hai, magar maza aayay ga!)
    To phir, kis baat ki der hai...Lets start!!!
    hey! mujay to nay patha tha kay tum pakistani ho!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    uh wasalam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    hey! mujay to nay patha tha kay tum pakistani ho!
    Salaam...yup main originally Karachi say houn...magar sari zundagi bahar UK main guzaari hai...

Happy independence day to u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    Salam Neha...kaisi ho aaj?

ReputationRep:
    Salaam...yup main originally Karachi say houn...magar sari zundagi bahar guzaari hai...

Happy independence day to u
    same to u!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.