Opinions on swearing Watch

eda-bsm
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello, everyone I am doing A level English Language I wanted to include you all. It would be amazing if you contribute and answers these questions for me , to collect my data.
Its a open questionnaire so please give much information as possible. Thank you.

How often do you swear?
What is the reason for you to swear?
How often do you swear in the company of opposite /same sex?
Do many of your female or male swear?
What's your opinion in swearing in general?
What category do you put yourself into when swearing ?(using the image below)
dragostea.2004
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by eda-bsm)
Hello, everyone I am doing A level English Language I wanted to include you all. It would be amazing if you contribute and answers these questions for me , to collect my data.
Its a open questionnaire so please give much information as possible. Thank you.

How often do you swear?
How often do you swear? Rarely
What is the reason for you to swear? For emphasis
How often do you swear in the company of opposite /same sex? Rarely with same sex. Never with opposite sex.
Do many of your female or male swear? Yes
What's your opinion in swearing in general? It's fine as long as those swearing are respectful of their surroundings and know when it is and isn't appropriate to do so.
What image?
1secondsofvamps
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

How often do you swear?
How often: not often
Reason: if i do then it is when im happy/excited or when im angry
How often in the company of people: I dont swear that often regardless of their sex.
Do female/male around me swear: Sometimes but it would only be when they're annoyed or are in a bad mood.
Opinion on swearing: dont really like (excessive) swearing and a lot of the time it isnt necessary.

Side note: i swear more in texts to my friends than when im physically with them.
toby314
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

How often do you swear?
How often do you swear: Not often, but sometimes - (sometimes its every other day, sometimes its daily :P)
What is the reason you swear: To fit in (for jokes between friends) or when I'm genuinely annoyed
How often do you swear in the company of the opposite sex: I feel like I live in an area where swearing is very common so I swear equally around males and females because nobody really takes offence
Opinion of swearing: It's great stress relief, it can be fun and its becoming more and more important in modern language
Manitude
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How often do you swear? Daily.
What is the reason for you to swear? Anger, humour, as an intensifier.
How often do you swear in the company of opposite /same sex? I make no distinction based on gender, as far as I'm aware.
Do many of your female or male swear? Can you grammar better, please?
What's your opinion in swearing in general? It's ****ing fantastic. It shouldn't necessarily be considered a taboo, either.
What category do you put yourself into when swearing?(using the image below) There is no image below.
Phatty_Magoo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How often do you swear? Multiple times an hour
What is the reason for you to swear? Shocked, annoyed, laughing at something funny. It's become a habit so much so that I don't really rate it different to any other word
How often do you swear in the company of opposite/same sex? I probably swear slightly less in front of other girls, but not by that much
Do many of your female or male swear? I think I swear more than most my mates, majority of them swear in moderation and usually for emphasis
What's your opinion in swearing in general? It's just a word, shouldn't be seen as that big a deal - especially if just used off handedly or around kids (although they're probably going to learn it one day)
What category do you put yourself into when swearing? The pink one
hrmpurser
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How often do you swear? all the time (very regularly)
What is the reason for you to swear? anything tbh
How often do you swear in the company of opposite /same sex? don't mind: equal
Do many of your female or male swear? all of my friends swear, more female than male
What's your opinion in swearing in general? i'm kinda creeped out by people who don't swear lmao
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
How often do you swear? Not a lot. Here and then. Usually under my breath most days only occasionally in public. Try not to swear in front of my family unless im angry. ( I only said the word b*tch in front of them. Don't think I said any others to them)

Reason: Not really any reason. I won't just start swearing for no reason. If the word comes up then I will usually say it. Say it more when im playing online games. Anger I guess, if im quoting something/ someone or like above emphasis.

How often do you swear in the company of opposite/ same sex? Doesn't really matter on the sex. I would say theres no difference. And occasionally depends on the situation

Do many of your female or male swear? I guess. Not a lot. Just occasionally. Depends who it is though. Some swear more then others. A few rarely swears. Most of the time it is just for amusement nothing serious.

Opinion- I dont mind. Although I don't like it when people swear in front of little kids or swear to excessively (Eg: Franklin from GTA, you dont need to swear every sentence.) and tries to do it as an insult or swears a lot to seem "cool" or "hard." I know not many people swears a lot for this reason but theres a few.

Category using the image- Can't see the image, I will edit it if I can.
DetectivePeralta
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

How often do you swear?
How often do you swear? Never
Do many of your female or male friends swear? Yes
What's your opinion in swearing in general? I don't like it personally and I think it's very crude and unprofessional but I don't mind it when others swear.
Lavaridge
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What is the reason for you to swear? Making myself seem like I really care about an issue
How often do you swear in the company of opposite /same sex? Equally as often for both
Do many of your female or male swear? Most only rarely, in the same situations as I do. Most less than me.
What's your opinion in swearing in general? There's nothing intrinsically wrong with it, but it looses its desired effect if somebody swears too often. If used inappropriately it makes them look like an uncultured moron.
What category do you put yourself into when swearing? No image provided
IFLICHBA
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How often do you swear? hardly at all
What is the reason for you to swear? to try to impress people whilst storytelling
How often do you swear in the company of opposite /same sex? mostly in front of the same sex
Do many of your female or male swear? question makes no sense
What's your opinion in swearing in general? it's a good stress relief, but it can make me think a person is stupid
What category do you put yourself into when swearing ?(using the image below) no image
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

How often do you swear? Many times a day.

What is the reason for you to swear? Now, just because it's natural to do so, as if it's a normal part of my vocabulary. Before swearing regularly, it would usually be done in anger/annoyance at something.

How often do you swear in the company of opposite /same sex? Same amount for both opposite and same sex.

Do many of your female or male swear? Majority do swear occasionally, one hates it!

What's your opinion in swearing in general? Swear words are words, if you don't like it, then don't swear, otherwise, don't ****ing complain when I swear!
snutty
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How often do you swear? Never
What is the reason for you to swear? N/A
How often do you swear in the company of opposite /same sex? N/A
Do many of your female or male friends swear? Yes
What's your opinion in swearing in general? I'm not a fan as it just sounds ''ugly'' to me, but if other people want to then I couldn't care less.
dramaticisa
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How often do you swear? More often than my gran but not constantly.
What is the reason for you to swear? Annoyed, shocked, making a joke.
How often do you swear in the company of opposite /same sex? Equal.
Do many of your female or male swear? Like female or male friends? Yeah.
What's your opinion in swearing in general? It's okay around friends but it's a bit rude around new people, or people who've said they don't like swearing.
Collombia
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How often do I swear? A handful of times a day.
Why do I swear? Funny, adds effect if you don't overswear.
How often do I swear in the company of opposite / same sex? Mainly in front of males, I go to an all boys school so I don't know many females tbh
Do many of your female or male swear? Like female or male friends? Yes... >_>
What's your opinion in swearing in general? What the **** do you want me to say?
danuuutka
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How often do you swear? Daily I'd say. Probably a few times a day.
What is the reason for you to swear? Usually for emphasis, whether that is emphasis of my anger or frustration, or how "effing" amazing something is. Basically it's to exaggerate my point.
How often do you swear in the company of opposite /same sex? The same as anyone else really.
Do many of your female or male swear? I assume you mean female/male friends, and yes they do.
What's your opinion in swearing in general? I think it's fine. It's only a word, and if you're not using it to offend someone, and just as an expression or something to help you to express your current feelings,, I honestly don't mind. The only time I have a problem with it is if someone is using it as a tool to offend or insult someone. But if someone swears because they've stubbed their toe, then I'm like "whatever"
What category do you put yourself into when swearing ?(using the image below) sorry but I don't see an image
eda-bsm
Rep:
?
(Original post by NateRiver)
What is the reason for you to swear? For emphasis
How often do you swear in the company of opposite /same sex? Rarely with same sex. Never with opposite sex.
What's your opinion in swearing in general? It's fine as long as those swearing are respectful of their surroundings and know when it is and isn't appropriate to do so.
What image?
This is image sorry
eda-bsm
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
How often do you swear? Not a lot. Here and then. Usually under my breath most days only occasionally in public. Try not to swear in front of my family unless im angry. ( I only said the word b*tch in front of them. Don't think I said any others to them)

Reason: Not really any reason. I won't just start swearing for no reason. If the word comes up then I will usually say it. Say it more when im playing online games. Anger I guess, if im quoting something/ someone or like above emphasis.

How often do you swear in the company of opposite/ same sex? Doesn't really matter on the sex. I would say theres no difference. And occasionally depends on the situation

Do many of your female or male swear? I guess. Not a lot. Just occasionally. Depends who it is though. Some swear more then others. A few rarely swears. Most of the time it is just for amusement nothing serious.

Opinion- I dont mind. Although I don't like it when people swear in front of little kids or swear to excessively (Eg: Franklin from GTA, you dont need to swear every sentence.) and tries to do it as an insult or swears a lot to seem "cool" or "hard." I know not many people swears a lot for this reason but theres a few.

Category using the image- Can't see the image, I will edit it if I can.
Thank you so much for the response ..
here is the image
Underscore__
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Need curtains hahahahaha that's made my day

Posted from TSR Mobile
username4446012
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How often do you swear? Casually?
What is the reason for you to swear? Habit or pain?
How often do you swear in the company of opposite /same sex? Equally
What's your opinion in swearing in general? Words are words.
What category do you put yourself into when swearing ? Strong
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (52)
12.97%
Yes - a food allergy (43)
10.72%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (11)
2.74%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
2.24%
No (286)
71.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed