A-level Uniforms Watch

This discussion is closed.
suspicious_fish
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
No uniform in the 6th form.
Our dress code is no midriffs on girls or guys (yes, that's specified), no excessive cleavage (totally ignored) and.... no neon clothing.
Bizarre, non?
EmJ
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by hildabeast)
Well I have to do my exams dressed as a witch and wearing a batcape with a carnation pinned to it (colour depends on which exam you happen to be taking). One must also carry a mortar board (but NOT wear it; this incurs an automatic fine of £20) and a sword (according to official university regulations). Now that is just crazy.
Hi Hildabeast!
I realise that its a while since you posted this, but I'm intrigued!!
Why carnations? Which colour for which exam? Is this obligatory? Do you carry a sword?!
Sorry for all the questions...
crana
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
we can wear whatever we want in 6th form. probably to make up for having such a vile uniform lower down the school

rosie
babyboo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
we hav to wear uniform, we have six form ties, blue or white shirts, black or blue trousers/skirts, black or blue tops.....we all have our own diff style thou for instance i like wearin my black trousers wit babyblue pinstripes going down, n then i wear a blue shirt wit a black tank top on top....lookin goooood lol
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The uniform I had to wear between 11 and 16 developed over time and was decided seemingly at random.
I can't imagine why any school would decide on:

Pale Blue shirt (polo shirts with MHS logo on in the summer)
Maroon tie
Maroon Jumper (with manor high school logo on it)
Grey skirt/trousers (although girls were allowed to wear black trousers) no limits on length.
Black blazer (luckily I missed out on this - they were introduced for the 1st yrs when I was in 6th form)
Jewellry was allowed throughout the school although there were limits on the number of rings and nose peircings etc (they had to be small plain studs)

Sixth for had a dress code which involved the usual no jeans/trainers etc....I never once followed it and noone seemed to notice (but then I didn't turn up to friday mornings lessons for 3 years and noone noticed )
jyuk
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
At St George's School

Sixth Form: Smart suit

Lower school: Green tweed jacket(looks like a really old sack with sleeves), black trousers, house tie. (Luckily I missed out on the tweed.)
Dill
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
we can wear anything we want in sixth form, i think it's wrong to make a level students wear uniform, or even smart stuff, it just makes school even more depressing...
Evolin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Nope no unifom...jus no hats! i dunno y!

And i fink most of us just pull anythin on in the mornins..not really bothered!

any thoughts!

although on genes for genes day, we all wore our uniform for charity...that woz kool!...torn up blazers, grafitied shirts...the lot!
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yr11 and 6th have to wear navy blue blazer....any one of the many school ties and white/light blue shirt and black trousers and black shoes...better than the blue and red stripes of lower skl!

G
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.16%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.25%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (90)
19.61%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (185)
40.31%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.58%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.1%