The Student Room Group

Cambridge Blue or Oxford Blue? (colours)

Poll

Cambridge Blue vs Oxford Blue

Which colour do you prefer?
For reference:

Cambridge Blue

Oxford Blue

Reply 1
Original post by missfrivolous
Which colour do you prefer?
For reference:

Cambridge Blue

Cambridge Blue of course. (As per my avatar :wink: )

But it's 163, 193, 173 not 193, 193, 173.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Doonesbury

But it's 163, 193, 173 not 193, 193, 173.

Please, please tell me that you just know this and don't have to look it up.

(Cambridge blue for me too, partly because of some odd sense of loyalty to an RGB value, and partly because I just find it more aesthetically pleasing - I'd consider it for painting a wall but Oxford Blue is too dark.)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by radarmaker
Please, please tell me that you just know this and don't have to look it up.

(Cambridge blue for me too, partly because of some odd sense of loyalty to an RGB value, and partly because I just find it more aesthetically pleasing - I'd consider it for painting a wall but Oxford Blue is too dark.)

Of course :wink:

(Completely agree - the other one is basically a midnight blue.)
Original post by Doonesbury

(Completely agree - the other one is basically a midnight blue.)

"Midnight blue" is a very poetic way of looking at it. I always see it as the colour of THE VOID.
Reply 5
Original post by radarmaker
"Midnight blue" is a very poetic way of looking at it. I always see it as the colour of THE VOID.

True...

THE VOID.jpg
Cambridge Blue is better over a large surface imo - Oxford Blue is too dark. OB's also just a boring colour :wink:
Cambridge blue is kind of the colour of wet concrete.

Or if I'd eaten a bit of salad and a few lentils, let it digest a bit then vomited it back onto the plate.
My halls at Oxford were all painted Oxford Blue and it's actually really really soothing!
Reply 9
Cambridge Blue isn't even blue.
Cambridge blue is dull, it probably works underneath things better than OB but as it is OB is better
Obviously Oxford Blue, it's a nice, rich, saturated blue. Cambridge Blue is barely blue, it's practically grey.

Not declaring any conflicts of interest.
Cambridge Blue ftw.

tbh Oxford Blue is the kind of color funeral directors would choose for their Reception Area.

:dontknow:
Despite being a cantab, the Oxford Blue is much nicer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending