Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
nah ded.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
You will need to check but in halls you can normally stay for a limited number of nights i.e 3. You cant share uni accommodation becayse he will only be paying the fees for one person. Might be wiser if you rented a flat together. You cna check their websites to see what the restrictions are. Someone else can answer the rest.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Most halls will allow visitors for a few nights, but you would not be allowed to live with your boyfriend. Some places have specific couples' accommodation but it's much rarer, or you and he could rent a place in the private sector together. And you can both do the chores!

As for what course you should do, it depends what your long-term aim is. Having GCSEs including English and Maths will help you with almost anything; after that then if you want to go to university A-levels will be the best route, if you want to do something more vocational then an apprenticeship or similar would be a good option. Universities don't offer A-levels, you will need to go to a further education college for that, but you should still be able to do that in whichever town your boyfriend ends up in for uni.
Tepper
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The relationship you describe kind of worries me. I might be wrong, but it sounds a bit like you're moving in to be his maid and earn money for him while he focuses on studies? From that impression, the relationship doesn't sound totally healthy. I don't know anything about your relationship, obviously, but what happens if you break up? Does your education suffer, when you suddenly have to find somewhere new to live? I'm really concerned that you're putting yourself into an unsafe place. What are you other options? Where is the rest of your support network?
username3029128
Rep:
?
username3029128
Rep:
?
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes, many places will only give couples' accommodation to married couples, so it may not be an option. If you really want to live together you may have to rent privately.

I do also share the concerns of Tepper that you are putting everything on hold for him. You say "When we break up" which doesn't exactly show a lot of faith in your relationship! Don't be his housekeeper, and don't give up all your ambitions just to clean up for him - most uni students manage (after a fashion) to do their own chores.
username3029128
Rep:
?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads