The Student Room Group

Do I need a Grade B GCSE in English to be accepted in to University?

I want to go to Loughborough University to study economics or accounting, and in the entry requirement it says that I need a minimum of a Grade B in both maths and english (I have a B in maths and a C in English). Does this mean I won't be able to study this ?

Most of all other universities only require a grade b in maths and a grade c in english.

Many thanks x
Email the university, ask them how strict this is, explain any extenuating circumstances if you have them.
Original post by NIkNak18
I want to go to Loughborough University to study economics or accounting, and in the entry requirement it says that I need a minimum of a Grade B in both maths and english (I have a B in maths and a C in English). Does this mean I won't be able to study this ?

Most of all other universities only require a grade b in maths and a grade c in english.

Many thanks x

Universities can be extremely picky about GCSE grades, using them as a 'first sort' to weed out candidates. Therefore, as suggested above, contact Loughborough before applying to establish (in writing) whether this would be a serious issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending